David Letterman calls Donald Trump racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 29, 2011.

1. David Letterman calls Donald Trump 'racist'

by James Hibberd

David Letterman accused real estate mogul, Celebrity Apprentice star and possible political candidate Donald Trump of being a racist on last night’s edition of CBS Late Show.

Letterman was talking to guest Dr. Phil, who’s apparently friends with Trump, when he said this about Trump’s suggestion that President Obama somehow unfairly got into Harvard Law School:

“It’s all fun, it’s all a circus, it’s all a rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism. And then it’s no longer fun,” Letterman said.

“So you thought it was racism?” Dr. Phil asks.

“Well, yes,” Letterman replied. “Do you consider him to be a racist?”

“I do not,” Dr. Phil responded.

“How can you say things like that if you’re not a racist?” Letterman asked.

“I don’t think he always thinks everything through,” Dr. Phil said. “I think sometimes he’s a little from the hip, and I don’t think he has a racist bone in this body.”

Letterman added that if Trump comes on his show again, he “ought to be prepared to apologize.”

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obviously affirmative action is "fair". Well, unless of course you're not a minority.

3. Letterman, that name sounds familiar. Didn't he used to have a highly rated t.v. show back in the 90's?

Anyway, he's probably just trying to kiss up to the Hollywood liberals so they will come on his low rated PBS show.

4. AK47/Range Rover is a classic racist.

5. I believe its the current 2nd rated late night talk show on CBS not PBS

6. 2nd out of what? 2?

Celebrating mediocrity. Typical liberal. I bet you think every kid should get a trophy "just for trying".

7. All late night talk shows.Pretty stiff competition and him and Leno go back and forth for the # 1 spot

8. Hello

Hello

Edited for accuracy.

A left winger accusing a righty of racism, im stunned by this shocking turn of events.

9. Another reason not to watch Letterman, not that there was a reason.

10. My biggest weakness as a person I think is overestimating peoples intelligence. I like to think Letterman is average in this dept like most of us but after listening to this guy a couple times when discussing economics or global warming or whatever I can't believe how out of touch this guy is.

Notice how he can't comprehend econ 101 towards the end of this clip.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JWLXBpousUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#10     Apr 29, 2011