David Einhorn down 34% in 2018

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by learner88, Jan 1, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

As soon as PM becomes popular, move money elsewhere?

2. Overnight

Overnight

...At the start of the year, Greenlight managed $6.3 billion in
    assets, according to a regulatory filing. By May, the firm was down to $5.5 billion. With redemptions and losses, it may start 2019 with less than $5 billion under management.

Poor baby. He wont need a pacifier to salve his sense of security as he lives his good life in his bloody mansion. He can afford to eat out every day. People like us, however, think it is a great deal when we find Kraft Mac & Cheese on sale for $1 per box. I do, especially. It keeps you nourished, and allows you to have enough money to pay the fucking bills at the end of the month, like rent, gas for the car, etc.

Cable?! HAHAHHA! Who the hell can afford cable TV these days? Oh, people like that bugger, who trade OPM.

3. fan27

fan27

Couldn't resist.

shatteredx, qlai and formikatrading like this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Einhorn is a self made billionaire through investing and producing strong returns. Are you?

Craig66 and cdcaveman like this.
  5. Everyone has their ups and downs.. I'll be happy to hia financial down year

6. Hedge Fund managers are people who spot a good or even average way to trade and are excellent at hype and marketing. Eventually the vast majority of them crash and burn - or rather their investors do. In the meantime 2 and 20 has made these managers very rich. The successful ones believe they can walk on water but time usually ascertains that they can not.

There may be exceptions but perhaps these are people who provide a service to the market rather than try to predict it.

aquarian1 and Clubber Lang like this.
  7. Palindrome

Palindrome

Sometimes these guys have a good run, then loose their mojo.

If I had a a billion in my account, I think I would be distracted and not focused.

8. neke

neke

How could he lose that much in 2018? Isn't he mostly short?

#10     Jan 2, 2019