Daughter sues dad over College tuition

Discussion in 'Economics' started by konviction, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Retief

Retief

Obama should borrow more money and make college free in the US for everyone, including illegal aliens.

#11     Jul 3, 2010
  2. Been a long time since I heard someone call it an orphanage. In the US we dont call them Orphanages anymore. We call them group homes. I think its due to the fact that many of the kids are not orphans in the US, but they are just in fact unwanted children and it sounds mean to call it an "unwanted childrens home". That said, its no wonder some of these kids sue their parents especially if the parents are not in their lives growing up.

#12     Jul 3, 2010
  3. In pretty much most countries, the parents pay for their childs education, even in the 3rd world. Of course, the parents pay for this college in the hopes that the child will earn more income and take care of them in their retirement years. We used to do that too before the government said "hey,dont worry about mom & dad...we will give them Social security when they get old." So now the kids dont have to take care of the parents.

#13     Jul 3, 2010
  4. ~~~

~~~

to avoid poor daddy being sued by his own children except illegal aliens (cannot be free coz america is not that "wealthy" anymore) and the illegal aliens are 1) illegal.. 2) Aliens = Not human lol
    (but if they are "Smart" i don't care whether legal or illegal children or aliens, i and many others are willing to sposor them to college.)
    :D

#14     Jul 3, 2010
  5. ~~~

~~~

yeah.. it's sad but when the kids grown up, they have to learn their parents are not perfect and need help. We live in an unperfect-world and they must learn to forgive... and not suing daddy over tuition fees when the kids already 21+ yr-old.:)

#15     Jul 3, 2010
  6. ~~~

~~~

She'll be a terrible & horrible teacher! What is she going to teach the students?? suing their fathers over college tuition? SAD!:(

#16     Jul 3, 2010
  7. ashatet

ashatet

I am going to side with the daughter. First, he agreed to pay for the tuition and then, he was not around to guide her. He should have paid her money and be a good father and keep her away from crap like liberal arts, sociology, psychology, etc.

#17     Jul 3, 2010
  8. I read the article again, and it has "back stabber" written all over it ha.

The father was sued by his own family attorney...cold. But look, he didnt cover his end of the bargain and she had to take out a 20k loan with her mom as co-signer...her mom was dragged into it as well (by choice i guess, but still).

"Berman also noted how unperturbed Dana's dad seemed throughout the trial. "Here his daughter's bringing him to court and there's no sadness, no remorse that his daughter was in this situation having to sue him."

This guy sounds like a real slime ball. Why would she feel the need to make him sign a contract to begin with? The relationship was sh-t from the get-go. Probably also why the wife divorced him.

I love my family and would never feel the need to impose something like this. If by some chance i did, I would never be able to take my family to court.

#18     Jul 3, 2010
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

being a good father is not that easy :D u can guide them but does not mean they necessary take your advice, kids can be real bums nowadays, kind of wonder whether its the parents fault, society or the media, ha, what a mess society turn out to be

#19     Jul 3, 2010
  10. "God gave us children so that death doesn't come as such a disappointment" -- Evelyn Harper

#20     Jul 3, 2010