Dateline NBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Brandonf, Mar 22, 2009.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You couldn't be more wrong. I've been tutoring kids for 8 years - from kindergarten to 5th graders. The past 2 years I've worked in one of the most poverty stricken schools in our area, where kids are very much under performing. I can tell you that I have 1st graders who not only add and subtract but are also learning basic multiplication.

#51     Mar 23, 2009
  2. No, at this point YOU'RE a confirmed idiot for:

1) Being the deadbeats' advocate by arguing adults aren't responsible for knowing what they can and cannot afford.

2) Coming up with such BS for first graders. Or maybe you live in some "holler" where everyone's a toothless inbred?

3) Labeling Brandonf's 5 year old a "confirmed idiot" for exceeding the standards for first graders that you described.

#52     Mar 23, 2009
  3. jprad is a libtard who needs to be protected from himself.

#53     Mar 23, 2009
  4. jprad

jprad

I was quoting the bare minimum, sorry for not being clear on that. As for multiplication, I assume you mean grouping, by 2's, 5's, 10's, etc.

Standards do vary by state though, so there might be some that take multiplication to a more abstract level than grouping.

Good site for all this is:

http://www.naeyc.org/ece/critical/math_standards.asp

#54     Mar 23, 2009
  5. Your source is for 2003 standards and the first three state links I clicked on were dead.

Here's a link to the current curriculum map for 1st graders in Ohio... which shows, yet again, how clueless you are.
    http://www.boardman.k12.oh.us/bdms/golubic/1stcurriculummap.pdf

#55     Mar 23, 2009
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Did I say they should be excused?? NO. I am putting the blame on the lenders, for the reasons already stated. I think we've had this discussion before so I will leave it at that. As I recall you just make shit up and fill in the blanks as you see fit...so have a wonderful day

#56     Mar 23, 2009
  7. Lots of posts on the woman's ability to do math. Sounds like the woman knew that $2100 was a bigger number than $1600 because a poster said that the woman said that her sister was going to help make payments.

What if her sister didn't feel like making payments anymore?

What if she or her sister became disabled?

What if there is an economic downturn and a job loss?

Few ask 'what if' anymore. Everyone believes there is zero risk at all levels of education.

If her sister also made $1600, they each would only have $550 per month after payments to live on.

I could never live with stress like that. I want less junk and stuff and things to deal with and more financial security.

#57     Mar 23, 2009
  8. You said they're not to blame... if that's really true then why shouldn't they be excused?

We did have this discussion before and I recall that personal responsibility is a totally alien concept to you. I don't make anything up, I just reflect your ignorance back onto you.

Good luck libtard. You'll need it! :p

#58     Mar 23, 2009
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

They most certainly are not being excused....hence the rise in Forclosure.

The Banks are being excused so they are not at fault...you are right...

#59     Mar 23, 2009
  10. Here's one for you libtards, deadbeats, deadbeat advocates, and assclowns who lack a sense of personal responsibility... I have a friend who teaches first grade and emailed her about this. She asked 15 of her first graders if they could afford to buy something for $23 if they only had $15. All but one said no and some were even able to figure out how much more they'd need to make the purchase.

#60     Mar 23, 2009