Dateline NBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Brandonf, Mar 22, 2009.

1. So you're saying that a person who knowingly signed a mortgage for $2100 a month when they only make $1600 a month has no blame?

?:confused:

#21     Mar 22, 2009
  2. That would be largely FNM and FRE which were mandating by Congress and fueled by the Community Reinvestment Act to expand home ownership to those who had no business owning a home, all in the name of social progress.

#22     Mar 22, 2009
  3. jprad

jprad

Has anyone actually seen for themselves even one case where the mortgage payment at the time of closing exceeded the person's income?

No, of course not.

#23     Mar 22, 2009
  4. Spoken like a true loser who has zero sense of personal responsibility and who needs to be protected from himself.

#24     Mar 22, 2009
  5. Have your mother read the first post in this thread to you, moron.

#25     Mar 22, 2009
  6. I would not say that he is a loser. It's just a different philosophy.

One philosophy is based on personal responsibility and personal freedom and the other based on institutional responsibility and institutional freedom.

In general my observations are:

Those that can prefer personal freedom and are willing accept the responsibility that goes along with it.

Those that can't prefer institutional responsibility and do not object to institutional freedom.

What really concerns me is that the USA is rapidly leaning toward institutional responsibility and the reduced personal freedoms that come attached.

#26     Mar 22, 2009
  7. jprad

jprad

Obviously, you didn't watch the show.

If you did you'd know that the OP left out a few key facts.

She was going to cover the gap by having her sister move in and help pay the mortgage and after a year re-fi.

Now, who the fuck put the whole idea of the re-fi in her head?

Typical populist, shoot, then aim...

#27     Mar 22, 2009
  8. This is going to lead to a place that no one here wants to be a part of.

That's why I didn't watch the special tonite.

That's why I think these people are a bunch of idiots, and anyone who supports them is an enabler of idiots.

Ultimately, I just really happy that I don't think like that. :eek:

#28     Mar 22, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

They obviously deserve a huge part of the blame. But come on, if you make $1600 per month how in the world do you expect to pay for a $2100 per month mortgage. Simple math!

Just to make sure I was not missing something I asked my five year old, who's not very good at math...I said "Little B, if you have $16 would you be able to spend $21?" He looked at me like Id finally lost my mind! So, if a first grader who is not very good at math can understand the concept, I think an adult can as well.

#29     Mar 22, 2009
  10. being called a populist is the new 'racist'

I say the same thing to this new crowd as I said to the other

gfy.

#30     Mar 22, 2009