datek free trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by badger, Feb 8, 2002.

1. badger

badger

i would like to tell anybody who is interested that datek have a promotion of 1 month free trades or( 500 trades) when you open a new account. I hope that this will help somebody to save money. promotion code DMR

2. From what I hear, Datek aren't exactly the most reliable broker, in terms of how often their servers are active during trading hours... its little use having free trades when you can't trade...

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

A couple of years ago I had an account at Datek and was very disappointed. Many annoying things about their software, constantly requiring confirmation on every single order, inability to send them a short order on a downtick (I don't mean execute the order, I just mean send it). In fact, you could not even place a short order after the market closed -- for execution the next morning -- if that stock closed on a downtick, customer service that was often rude, systems that went down with frightening regularity, etc. etc. I know people are attracted to their free streaming quotes, but even that java applet used to lock up on me frequently. In all, a very unpleasant experience.

4. i have the impression that their servers are down 50% of the time markets are open. also, it took 8 weeks and at least 5 requests to make them close my account. also, i have heard in the past that datek does not stick to all the advertising-promises they make.