Datafeed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by atorchio, Jun 6, 2003.

1. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Depends. IQFeed allows max 500 symbols. DTN.IQ is 1300.

#11     Jun 27, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

iqfeed,

Doesn't the satellite version send the entire market on every pulse?

nitro

#12     Jun 27, 2003
  3. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Not sure I understand your question "on every pulse". Satellite is a completely different method of delivery compared to Internet. It is a true Broadcast, meaning the client cannot "request" anything from the satellite. We send every tick, and if you aren't ready to catch it, you will miss it. There is no backfill (but most software will capture and store off the data for you). So, during a weather outage (has to be a very big storm to block the signal), you will miss data and you have no way to tell the satellite "hey... resend that for me".

Our DTN Real Time service which is $129/mo, is the exact same feed we provide to our Redistribution customers (Brokers, Websites, other streaming data providers). So, it would be akin to the customer having a Reuters datafeed going direct to your computer.

Hope this answered your question.

#13     Jun 27, 2003
  4. Okay, let me see if I understood you ...

DTNiq and IQfeed are both separate internet delivered products.

DTNiq gives access to 1300 symbols and IQfeed gives access to 500 symbols

Is that right?

Now which service has automatic bad tick filtering capability?

#14     Jun 27, 2003
  5. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

DTN.IQ is our retail product which includes the software. IQFeed is a datafeed service only (no client interface included) compatible with 3rd party software.

Neither has automatic bad tick filtering. In DTN.IQ you can right click a bad tick to remove it. IQFeed is a feed only, so it would be up to the 3rd party client software to provide a filtering mechanism.

#15     Jun 27, 2003
  6. Does that include as many dde links to excel? 1300 dde links for dtniq?

#16     Jun 30, 2003
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I have a friend that uses your service from a rural location: from their ranch. The service is quite nice and they are happy. During a really big weather outbreak they dont rely on the feed: but the feed at their location performs well even during poor conditions.

It works well enough that I am considering putting it out at one of our properties as a second backup location.

#17     Jun 30, 2003
  8. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

In theory. You can watch 1300 symbols, depending upon how active they are. DDE is an old technology that relies on messages being sent. DDE is limited in the number of messages, so if you have to many symbols with too many fields displayed, the messages can overwhelm your system. I have run a few hundred symbols without problem on DDE, but going much higher may cause slowdowns.

As for the 1300 symbols, depending upon how active they are, you can flood your internet connection as well (even broadband). 100 of the most active symbols will use 25-50Kb/s. The main reason we allow so many symbols is for customers who want to watch an entire future or option chain. A chain on QQQ for example could watch nearly 700 symbols for example.

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

#18     Jun 30, 2003
  9. ellokn

ellokn

If you want to pay for it, CQG is still the best. Best Data, best feed, best charting. You can do some decent p[rograming and testing. But it costs.

I have nothing to do with the firm, but used it for years. Nothing compares.

#19     Jul 8, 2003
  10. What is % difference between number of ticks that DTN satellite and eSignal in average provide for the session?
    For example: ES Z03 Sep 19th – eSignal 45,097 ticks and DTN satellite – more than 50,000 /did not catch a full session/

#20     Sep 20, 2003