Datafeed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by atorchio, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Could anyone suggest a good datafeed for pit traded commodities?

I would recommend MyTrack fro price and quality, but it is not compatible with Metastock nor Ensign nor Tradestation...

alberto

2. nitro

nitro

Good is a relative term.

IMHO, DTN's SATELLITE Marketfeed falls under the good category.

nitro

3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

4. robbo

robbo

You can buy a program called omnicom which will allow you to use Tradestation or Metastock with mytrack but in my opinion I would bother.I used it about 2 years ago and it was a badly written peice of software.

5. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

While we are not compatible with Metastock, our feeds are compatible with Tradestation and Ensign (both satellite and Internet).

For futures via satellite, you would be looking at $129/mo plus exchange fees. There is no symbol limit on satellite and you have a dedicated full datafeed.

For futures via Internet, DTN.IQ would cost $44.50/mo with annual subscription (half off the monthly price) and will feed Ensign directly, or Tradestation via Dynastore or Metaserver.

You can also subscribe to the satellite and receive DTN.IQ monthly service at 1/2 price for backup and mobility.

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

6. I am having a one week trial, but found several bad ticks and noticed nobody seems to care...

With MyTrack bad ticks used to be corrected within minutes; I wrote to DTN's support and the bad ticks are still there.

I wrote to the account manager who's in charge of my trial accoun tand he says they wait until the exchange sends them the correction...

I can't say i am happy with this...

alberto

7. Doesn't the satellite have reception problems when there is inclement weather?

8. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Based on your post, I have sent a directive to our 3 groups involved: Customer Support, Market Data Integrity, and Operations. They should all know that these requests are important, and the ticks will be corrected quickly when reported. It is best to use the RT chat function on our websites so we can ensure to get enough detail from you. Otherwise, if you email, just make sure you provide data/time/symbol/and details of the bad tick. You will receive a reply to email within an average of 10 minutes.

Thank you for the information.

Jay Froscheiser
    VP, Product Operations
    DTN Market Access

9. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

It is very possible to have receiption problems due to weather and/or sunspots.

We offer DTN.IQ at half price to satellite customers for use as a backup just for these reasons.

If you don't have problems with Internet connectivity, and only need to watch X number of symbols, the Internet is a better delivery method.

However, If you need full market scans or to archive your own data (and you don't have broadband or reliable Internet connectivity), satellite may be a better solution.

Jay Froscheiser

10. X = how many ?

#10     Jun 27, 2003