Datafeed Tradestation

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Magnus, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Magnus

Magnus

Hi!

I´m from Sweden so I wonder if any one here can give me an advice on what datafeed to use for the E-minis?

I Use Tradestation 2000i, I´v been looking on Esignal but do they have a feed for Tradestation or do I have to use Metaserver RT?

//Magnus :p

2. DaveN

DaveN

Hello Magnus,

In the $79/month category for datafeeds, you can consider eSignal and Quote.com. eSignal will interface directly with your TS2000, but I have never used this option myself, so I cannot specify how that is done.

For Quote.com, you will need additional software. Check out www.dynastorelight.com. The customer support is excellent as is the product. You'll see on the Dynastore web site that there are many other feeds that are supported as well.

3. fibgn358

fibgn358 Guest

Hello Magnus,

Yes esignal works fine with TS2000i.
    I have been running it for well over one year, with no problems.
    E-signal is more money than Q-charts and not as user friendly, however Qcharts has had many problems with service to their customers. So the old saying of you get what you pay for is true.
    The set up for E-signal is as easy as 123. Hope this helps you.

4. Magnus

Magnus

Thanks a lot DaveN and fibgn358!

I will sign up for Esignal it sounds a lot easier than Qcharts

5. DaveN

DaveN

I've seen the eSignal inserts in Futures magazine advertising the $79/month package. I've never followed up on it.

If you don't mind answering the question, I'm curious about what drives the price difference. I have been considering this eSignal plan as a backup feed, but I may be under some false impressions.

Thanks!

6. wild

wild

make eSignal your main datafeed ... you won´t regret it

wild

7. DaveN

DaveN

Hi wild,

Well, I can see using eSignal as one of two datafeeds/providers.

I put up with Quote.com because of the four years of historical 1 minute data that I can access. For backtesting intraday systems, eSignal's history just won't cut it. Frankly, I'm not even that comfortable with *only* four years......