DataFeed Recommendations

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Viper101, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Viper101

Viper101

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. thstart

thstart

#12     Jul 22, 2009

3. Of course you will notice differences. Otherwise, what's the point?

I believe he already said why he doesn't want to use IB for data. He requires tick data and IB doesn't provide that.

There's absolutely no reason why you can't mix and match execution platforms and data sources. I do it all the time across different brokers/firms and data feeds. Use what you think works best for you.

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. thstart

thstart

And your advantage is?

#14     Jul 23, 2009

5. Ummm..... IB doesn't provide tick data?

#15     Jul 23, 2009
  6. u can use either snapshot or real streaming.

i use the real streaming.

looking at that youtube u posted i just use td for there stock quotes and lvl 2 and not that time and sales thing in the video.

#16     Jul 23, 2009
  7. thstart

thstart

Why use IB then?

#17     Jul 23, 2009
  8. Because IQfeed and Esignal aren't brokers? Why is this concept so difficult for you. If the datafeed your broker provides doesn't meet your needs you can use one that does. If IB meets your needs then great. The fact that IB allows you to interchange Esignal's feed with their own feed ought to tell you that this isn't all that big of a deal.

If broker feeds were so great Esignal, DTN, CQG and others wouldn't be in business.

#18     Jul 23, 2009

9. if u use ever used interactive brokers and quotracker the volume is off compared with their own charts. their is also a cap at 100 and goes up only if you give them a certain amount of commisions.

also know a few people who use different brokers and data feeds it's common.

please more sh*t starters we need more people like you on here.

go take some drugs or do something else better with your time. don't waste it here with your negativity.

#19     Jul 23, 2009
  10. Unfortunately, DTN's IQ-Feed does not offer Level-2 for the NYSE; only for Nasdaq.

#20     Jul 23, 2009