DATA VENDORS: Which one is the Best????

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Aranha, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Fletch

Fletch

FWIW-

I'm hearing rumors that Microsoft is working on a quote feed... dunno if they are going after realtime data or end-of-day

Fletch

#21     Aug 9, 2001
  2. Aranha

Aranha

What about Tradestation Pro?

Is it good? any good/bad experiences?

Also, where can I find a system that shows the volume in the Level 2 with the real volume size, i mean, you don't have to add 2 zeros....

Thanx

#22     Aug 10, 2001
  3. Turok

Turok

>Also, where can I find a system that
    >shows the volume in the Level 2 with
    >the real volume size, i mean, you don't
    >have to add 2 zeros....

If you select your data supplier based on a desire to not have to append 2 zeros, you may well be disappointed.

It really isn't that hard...just read the number out loud and then say the word "hundred" after it.

JB

#23     Aug 10, 2001
  4. Aranha

Aranha

Turok,

I was told that Tradestation's Level 2 display the additional 2 zeros, but now the product is available only to those who open an account with them, or those who was already a subscriber.

What's your opinion about it? I've had their 10 days free-trial two months ago, and I liked a lot their Level 2 quote. Is very organized and I could deal better with it. (It may sound stupid, but it's true).

Do you know if their quotes are any good?

I also heard that they are feeded by S&P ComStock. Would be better to be linked direcly to S&P Comstock, instead of Tradestation?

Please help me...hehe IF tradestation isn't avalable anymore, what data vendor can I check out that may have what I'm looking for?

Thanx

#24     Aug 10, 2001
  5. tymjr

tymjr

There are a lot of complaints about TS Platform on the Omega List. Subscribe to the list at omega-list@eskimo.com with the word "subscribe" in the subject line. You'll get a lot of noise in your mailbox but you can ask some of the users for an opinion.

#25     Aug 10, 2001
  6. Turok

Turok

>IF tradestation isn't avalable anymore,
    >what data vendor can I check out that
    >may have what I'm looking for?

If what you're looking for is 2 zeros at the end of every volume value then I can't help you. If this is the case, I would however argue that you might want to adjust your priority list a bit and search for a data supplier who has fast reliable quotes.

You can adapt to missing zeros -- you can't adapt to stale, ureliable data.

RealTick and Redi+ are two data providers that through my own testing I have come to trust. I have come to NOT trust a whole slew of others (including Tradestation)

Your results may vary.

JB

#26     Aug 10, 2001
  7. Maxito

Maxito

I just received an e-mail from DataCodeinc.com with a .bmp screen shot that shows there next Level II with 00's.
    I tried to cut and paste but can't so just send me an e-mail and I'll send this information to you.

#27     Aug 10, 2001
  8. Aranha

Aranha

Maxito,

i've just sent you an e-mail.

Thanx

Raphael Aranha

#28     Aug 11, 2001
  9. just to add my 5 pence worth i found www.riskbox.com worth a look too!

Because it's got all the functionalities to manage my portfolio there - real-time prices, risk management and portfolio management and it covers the markets i trade on - not just US ones!

Duncan

#29     Aug 14, 2001