Data/Trading Platforms

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by duece, May 14, 2006.

1. I agree with you completely - that is why I am going to move to the dual feed capability.

#31     Jun 16, 2006
  2. Glamman0

Glamman0

Truff... I asked some Ninja users i know, none of them know about this (ninja's ability to hold stops on servers in the FCM and not on the client PC or exchange)

are you sure? or are you just trying to promote ninja trader here?

#32     Jun 17, 2006

3. 50% of the threads on ET are marketing campaigns launched by promoters.

Check out a quotetracker thread, nothing but cheerleading, and endless conservation of how great QT is. If you challenge the forum you are branded as someone who knows nothing about the software complexities. The founder will curse you out to.

#33     Jun 17, 2006
  4. We've had great success offering NinjaTrader for electronic futures markets. Make sure it uses ZenFire as the connection protocol though.

Contact me if you'd like a demo.

Steve Petillo
    www.ArcCapitalManagement.com

#34     Jun 19, 2006
  5. I have been happy with Ninja/Zen through Pro Active although Dorman is thin on trade desk support. Frank is nice and competent though.

Velocity is where I came from and they are very good. Anthony is knowledgable and technically proficient. I would have stayed there were it not for some of the features and speed of Ninja/Zen. Sometimes Zenfire is so damn quick my fast computer can't pull up the targets before I am out with my scalp profit!

#35     Jun 19, 2006
  6. It is true stops are held on their servers...........unless it is a simulated stop. It is too much to explain but you can read up on simulated stops, they aren't triggered until user defined volume requirements are met.

I currently use Ninja/Zen it is real good for order entry and lightening quick, maybe a tad faster than X Trader Free from Velocity where I was at before. I am actually looking for feedback on TransAct and their own order entry platform as Ninja charts are buggy. I could connect to Sierra with TranAct.

#36     Jun 22, 2006
  7. I currently use Navigator with Transact datafeed. I like the order entry system but I need better volume studies in charting. Also, I have problems getting it to keep an accurate record of my account. I've had better tech support but it beats TM by a bunch.

I sure do miss the TM charts/volume studies. Not willing to go with Mann and the $2000 margin rate. Still not hearing a lot of good on PFG. I tried them with their own Best Direct platform and it was clumsy like TA's own. Tech support left much to be desired but it may be because I was just trying on a simulator.

#37     Jun 23, 2006
  8. Luke - I was never able to get a good feel with the Navigator set-up for the trading I do. I had also talked to the Genesis booth reps at the last online trade expo about TradeNavigator, but I was not all that impressed with the platform.

Hopefully they will turn this into a great product so that Transact will have a good platform for their clients.

Until XTrader/TT comes out with their "XTrader Lite" platform I will stay with NinjaTrader through Vcap for my manual trading.

#38     Jun 27, 2006