Data/Trading Platforms

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by duece, May 14, 2006.

1. Transact with what platform? Trademaven platform is imploding and the Transact platform with their feed is clunky from the test i did.

#21     Jun 16, 2006
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Ok, this thread is suspicious....

Relativity: Date Registered: 06-16-06
    Quant_Trader2: Date Registered: 06-16-06
    Glamman0: Date Registered: 06-16-06

5Pillars seems a member of Vcap....

Truff is David Robert Truffelman head of Business of PROACTIVE....

IS IT ENOUGH???

TRANSACT HAS ONE OF THE BEST AND SOLID DATA FEED
    They had brief problems with Trade Navigator interface

You can use their dome....see the video here:

http://www.fastbrokers.com//platforms/index.php

......and use Trade Navigator charting software (great) for 50 bucks separately

Lorenzo

#22     Jun 16, 2006
  3. "TRANSACT HAS ONE OF THE BEST AND SOLID DATA FEED
    They had brief problems with Trade Navigator interface"

I highly disagree with this statement - Transact had a great feed there for a while, and then they had all the TM w/Transact feed mess - which is still unknown to what the real problems were.

I personally do not like the Genesis Trade Navigator platform or the Transact proprietary platform - that is just my taste.

I do not in any way work with or for Vcap - I just absolutely appreciate the customer service and support that Paul at Vcap has provided to me. I like the NT platform for the style of trading I do so that is my choice, others need to do their own due diligence and determine what is best for themselves.

#23     Jun 16, 2006
  4. Was Transact able to resolve these problems for you at the time.......

Lorenzo

01-13-06 10:02 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Bernard111:

In fact TradeMaven works as excellent combination with the Transact datafeed at TMG.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My account is with Transact and TM....and I also trade the European markets

The connection is not stable...speed but not stable

Pats is more stable..but not so speed... and the volume reported on tick is not correct

In other words: TradeMaven is a super platform but the transact server is not stable during the day (EURO+USA)

#24     Jun 16, 2006
  5. bronks

bronks

Ninja is a great platform. My only beef is that you can only scale out at 3 levels if you use the preset. Also, being able to scale in (presets), sure wouldn't hurt. The mult-broker application is seemless. I would sure like to see some pre-populated order buttons like X-Trader has.

Killer app. imho.

#25     Jun 16, 2006
  6. I think the new version of NT coming out in the next few months will have some of those changes - there is a "user defined function" feature that I would like them to add also.

#26     Jun 16, 2006
  7. bronks

bronks

Looking forward to it!

#27     Jun 16, 2006
  8. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I WAS WRONG! THEY HAD TWO PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT END PLATFORMS

THE FIRST ONE WITH TRADE MAVEN, AFTER THEIR MERGER WITH ELOCAL (A REAL DISASTER FOR TM)

THEN, THEY TRIED TO SUBSTITUTE TRADE MAVEN WITH TRADE NAVIGATOR BUT THE INTERFACE WAS NOT READY AND FULL OF BUGS

NOW THEY OFFER THEIR CLASSIC DOME WITH TRADE NAVIGATOR AS CHARTING SOFTWARE, SEPARATELY

TRANSACT HAS A GOOD REPUTATION HERE

HOWEVER THIS THREAD IS PURE BULLSHIT...FREE ADVERTISING FOR VCAP FUTURES

#28     Jun 16, 2006
  9. r-in

r-in

Transact has been fine after the fiasco with Trademaven, as they were before. They had a couple short outages, but I have yet to use a platform that hasn't gone down at least once, including the holy X-Trader.

#29     Jun 16, 2006
  10. "TRANSACT HAS A GOOD REPUTATION HERE

HOWEVER THIS THREAD IS PURE BULLSHIT...FREE ADVERTISING FOR VCAP FUTURES"

Lorenzo - I agree that Transact has a good reputation here and that is not the question - trade platforms and their functionality have been the primary subject. Also, I have had good dealings with Gordy and Bill at Transact during the Trademaven fiasco - I just wished they had a trade platform that I liked for the trading I do.

#30     Jun 16, 2006