Data/Trading Platforms

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by duece, May 14, 2006.

1. For the present time a VCap Futures NinjaTrader platform with TT feed is perfect for non-automated mechanical and scalp, position, or swing trading. For automated trading, the XTrader platform is exceptional (also there is www.smartquant.com which ties into XTrader).

If you are into high redundancy, you can also have your NinjaTrader platform set-up with dual feeds (TT feed and Zen-fire feed) just incase one goes down while in a trade.

#11     Jun 16, 2006
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Strategy Runner is not for scalpers, because they have one feed :

P A T S - S y s t e m !

PATS is the oldest technology in the business, ticks are filtered and volume is incorrect (1/3 of the total volume)

It lags and the execution is slow, more than one second respect to TT or Zen Fire

They have Dynamic Dome that is terrible

However, if you are a day trader you can use it

#12     Jun 16, 2006
  3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Not correct! Proactive offers both

#13     Jun 16, 2006

4. Yes I have been talking with Paul at Vcap about dual feeds and I may do this also versus just the TT feed - seems like a prudent idea with all of the tech issues we encounter as traders from time to time.

#14     Jun 16, 2006
  5. Glamman0

Glamman0

is zen fire only for price feed or also for routing orders?

#15     Jun 16, 2006
  6. Truff

Truff

Stick with th ZEN FIRE, the TT connection for Ninja is just not ready yet, still issues.

#16     Jun 16, 2006
  7. Glamman0

Glamman0

some exchanges dont support stop orders .. where does ninja stores the stops?

I know some platforms (SR) have servers in the FCM itself (like Man's data center for example) so if you lose connectivity your stops are still executed. Does ninja offer this also?

#17     Jun 16, 2006
  8. Truff

Truff

YES

#18     Jun 16, 2006
  9. Glamman0

Glamman0

they do?

I was told different? where the servers located? in the Broker?

WOW that is great news , i didn't see anything about this in Ninja's site

#19     Jun 16, 2006
  10. I've heard lots of good stuff about Transact if you do volume. They have price and platform at pro levels. They also clear through Goldy. Can't get much safer than that.

Jay

#20     Jun 16, 2006