Data Source for Stocks

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Irish_Trader, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Anyone able to point me in the direction of a good data provider for U.S equities?

I'm looking for historical charts down to 1 minute time frames, ideally as far back as 5 years or more.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Are you looking to view 1 minute time frames on a chart going back 5 year or just the data?

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

4. Hi Robert,

That looks ideal for what I am looking for, but i'm only going to be using it for backtesting at the minute so would like to avoid having to set up an account with a $25,000 minimum and chunky monthly subscriptions fees.

Would you know of any similar style data source that doesn't require a trading account and ideally with fee's below $50 per month?

Cheers

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I do not, but market data is not hard to find, but I'm not sure about cost.

6. qlai

qlai

7. Check out
    • https://www.algoseek.com/ they offer high quality and clean intraday data for futures, ETFs, Options, Equities, Indexes and ETNs. Intraday they have tick, 1 sec, 1 min, 5 min OHLC bars; for equities, futures and options their data goes back to 2007.
    • tickdata.com they equities, futures and options intraday data that goes back to 2004. They offer both tick and bar data with 1 sec, 1 min and 5 min OHLC. The quality of their data is excellent but expensive.
    • polygon.io they are still new to the market, they offer real time and historic data on stocks, crpyto and forex. Their data is quality and very good, their downside is that their API is complicated and not flexible.

8. raddo

raddo

ZBZB likes this.
  9. T0pH4t

T0pH4t