Data recovery

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Hambone, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Hambone

Hambone

Does anyone know of a utility, (or any other means), to recover data on a partially formated hard drive?

2. This is well beyond the computer ability of all but the most savvy of computer techs. This is not a task for the novice/intermediate user to tackle. Partial reformatting is an issue here. There are several companies that expressly provide this type of service though.

Get yourself a copy of the latest "Computer Shopper" as there are usually a few good firms listed therein. In any event you'll be removing and shipping that hard drive to them and it ain't cheap. Hope this helps. :)

3. For clarification - Are you talking about a partially RE-formated disk?

i.e., you had a formatted disk with data files on it but accidentally started a reformat pass on the disk but stopped it and now want to try to recover as much of the original data as possible?

4. Hambone

Hambone

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to use Disk Commander to see if it can recover my data. Time will tell.

Thanks again

5. mg_mg

mg_mg

6. No, I was serious. I bought one of these off eBay and it served my purpose rather well. :)