Data Provider with extensive global exchange coverage and API

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Zzzz1, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I am wondering what retail choices there currently are of data providers that offer access to global exchanges, not just futures but futures, stocks, options, and spot currencies and also provide access via API.

I currently use Reuters Eikon and despite the quality of data to be pretty high the service in the support department and especially their API technology stack has been gotten so bad recently that I am considering switching service providers. But it is very hard to come by a decent data provider.

IB : Out of question as they do not provide a raw data feed and their historical data repository is extremely limited

Esignal: Out of question as they abandoned their API for whatever weird, inconceivable reason.

IqFeed: Out of question as their exchange coverage is extremely limited and is very US centric. They do not offer Hong Kong, Korea, Tokyo/Osaka,...

CQG: Out of question, their historical data API access is ridiculously priced if their information on their website is correct. $1000 dollars per month for 20 days worth of times and sales? Are they nuts?

Barchart: Out of question, their exchange coverage is US and Canada only, apparently.

TT Tech: Out of question as their main focus is futures and they seem way overpriced in regards to what they offer.

Anyone with any recommendation? I consider data providers that are headquartered in the US/Canada, Europe, or Asia...

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. just21

just21

3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Thanks but I need a full API stack (either .Net, Java, C++, C, Python,...), not Excel or software package support.

4. just21

just21

bloomberg?

Tim Smith and marketsurfer like this.
  5. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

That seems at the moment to be the only viable alternative.

By the way, I just chatted with Money.Net support, they do provide a simplistic web API. I stand corrected in that regards. Its obviously at the moment still a product that offers a fraction of Eikon's or BBG's features but also only costs a fraction of the price of the named 2 competitors.

Thanks

6. birzos

birzos

The funny part is that I know the exact company you need, but you've been such as arse in the past you can find it yourself. Don't you just love karma.

learner2007 and J.P. like this.
  7. J.P.

J.P.

True. So very true. LOL

8. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Like any service of its ilk, its going to stay "at the moment" forever.

Seriously, you're dreaming if you're think you're going to find a Bloomberg or Reuters quality product for a fraction of the cost, ESPECIALLY if you're demanding "extensive global coverage".

9. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I don't need a product that offers all the features that bbg or Reuters offers. I need extensive exchange data coverage of multiple assets classes. No options pricers needed, don't need to model prepayment models, I derive news elsewhere,.. Just a pure market data product.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I truly hope you can move on at some point, holding past grudges is not healthy. I don't even remember your userid.

#10     Mar 13, 2017