Data feed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Seanye_West, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I am in the process of developing a piece of trading software to automate my trading strategy. I have a front end already to execute trades but am looking for a good third party data feed. I need something that will allow me to pull in historical data as well as live tick data.

Other than IQfeed does anyone else know of anything out there that fits the above description?

Thanks!

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I would try for C# and C++ Rithmic. If you are trying FIX try CTS API

3. What are your requirements for the data feed? Do you need live data tick by tick? Or once per second? Are you trading stocks, options, futures?

4. jharmon

jharmon

If you require quality and absolutely every trade: NxCore

Occam likes this.
  5. Surfeur

Surfeur

Matt,

The C# CTS API isn't good compare to Rithmic ?

Regards
    Ludo.

6. I am trading just equities and need to have tick data. It looks like NxCore will be the best fit for what I am looking for.

7. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I would not say that. We just have more experience with C#/C++ with Rithmic. We have received very good feedback on that. CTS FIX API, on the other hand, has worked well for some of our customers.

Surfeur likes this.
  8. just21

just21

How much is nxcore?

9. rb7

rb7

Why not IQFeed?

10. Metamega

Metamega

Never seen a actual price for NXCore myself but it’d have to be pricey. It offers unlimited amount of real-time data for all stock markets and option markets, tick and level 2 I do believe. It’s a lot of data.

They use IQFeeds networks and data centres but manage the feed themselves.

IQFeed I think maxes out at 1000 symbols(base is 500 but for a few bucks you can double it).

#10     Nov 7, 2017