Data feed to Excel?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by vladiator, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Hi guys,
    Can someone tell me please what the best way to get Level II into MS Excel is? I currently use TradeStation, but if I have to switch to a diff. provider for this purpose - that's OK.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Your data provider should have instructions on how to right formulas/macros that let you link your data onto Excel.

3. Thanks, I was gonna get in touch with them, but since it was the weekend, I thought I'd ask for y'all's advice first. I hope they'll have some solutions for me.
    Best of Luck.
    V.:D

4. would you keep us posted?

5. Sure.

6. would you want Level 2 data in excel???

7. B/c then I can easily record a macro to periodically save that info, say, once every 30 seconds for the analysis I want to do.:cool:

8. vlad, do you know how to write something that will take data coming into one cell and archive it as it changes -- and can you show me how to do it?

9. Yeah, I'd be very interested in that, too. I would like to be able to keep the last 20 or so records from time and sales in excel. It would start near the top of one column, say at E3, and keep moving down the sheet (i.e. from E3 downwards to E22, so that the last 20 prints are stored with the most recent at E3, and the oldest at E22).

10. If you know how to get them to show up in Excel (I don't), then it shouldn't be hard to code a macro to save the sheet at the frequency you specify. If you show me how to get Level II data feed to Excel, I'll write the program and share it with you :)

#10     Jul 21, 2002