Data Feed Problems w/ McAfee

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by hilojack, Aug 18, 2006.

1. I am having problems getting market data from my prop firm to my system at home. They tell me that the problem is with my McAfee anti-virus software. I have disabled all of the McAfee protection and have allowed their data feed to come through the firewall. Still not working. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? If so, how did you resolve it. Thanx.

2. Arnie

Arnie

What platform? I'm using Redi with McAfee and not having that problem.

3. I could never find a way to disable McAfee's 'check for updates' occurring every x minutes which would hang my broker and chart feed programs until the check was complete.

Finally uninstalled McAfee and now use the free version of AntiVir Guard: http://www.free-av.com/ 'deactivate' it when realtiming tho that's probably unnecessary, never had a problem, download their update on the weekend and I have a clean system.

4. Turn off the privacy service in McAfee..

5. I use ML Pro Tradespeed. Apparently its a glich that only occurs when using McAfee. I'm going to un-install McAfee and get Norton.

6. Don't use Norton it's junk. Use free avast. I believe it is avast.com I have it set to update only after I approve it, no auto update. So if I am scalping and need max hp then I don't allow an update at that moment, but wait until after I am done with that trade.