Data feed for intraday market scanner every 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by thecoder, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

#31     Feb 7, 2019
  2. thecoder

thecoder

Yeah, their offer looks interesting, and I've contacted them yesterday via email, no reply yet. Oh btw, their web contact formular(s) are all buggy, giving errors.

#32     Feb 8, 2019
  3. thecoder

thecoder

Thx, but, I don't use Excel, I need platform and program independent raw data (ie. as CSV, JSON, or binary) as a regular file-download every minute (ie. snapshot), preferably compressed as zip etc. to save bandwidth and download time.
    I'm using the programming languages C and C++.

#33     Feb 8, 2019
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

#34     Feb 8, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

Are you calculating this because you will be running off the cloud?

#35     Feb 8, 2019
  6. thecoder

thecoder

Nope, rather from the data vendor's point of view; capacity, bandwidth, timing, number of clients to serve etc.

#36     Feb 8, 2019
  7. qlai

qlai

Why do you care about the data vendor's capacity?

#37     Feb 8, 2019
  8. thecoder

thecoder

The calculations show that such market data vendors don't have to transfer that much data than say TV streaming companies, yet the data vendors are much more expensive, that's illogical, IMO.

#38     Feb 8, 2019
  9. ZBZB

ZBZB

The streaming companies may use IP multicast.

#39     Feb 8, 2019
  10. qlai

qlai

Not sure if you can compare it like that, but you bring up a good point ... if you are going to hit the data vendor for 8k symbols every minute, I assume they will either tell you to f#%! off or you will have so many failed requests it will become unusable. I don't think you have any options other than get streaming data.

#40     Feb 8, 2019