Data Feed for Excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Eldredge, Dec 4, 2001.

1. You will have to share with me (privately of course) your AMAT scalp system so I can try it :)

#21     Dec 9, 2001
  2. I use Realtick for data only and will be among those awaiting your evaluation. I'm especially interested in whether or not their US futures data lags your current feed.

#22     Dec 9, 2001
  3. shyhh

shyhh

Looks like a really good deal... But when i try to sign up for a trial a/c, they are no longer accepting it ?!

I am just wondering, for anyone who is able to get to use ird, is it possible to use the it with Tradestation, and how many quotes can ird support at a time ?

Thanks !

#23     Dec 10, 2001
  4. I think this was mentioned in the original post regarding ird.com.

If you want to compare the latency to their server, try pinging their TA_SRV which is at 193.8.69.201 and compare that with your ping speeds to beacon.taltrade.com.

I'm in Chicago and my ping goes from 10ms to 180ms...

Ofcourse if you're trading the European products, ird should be an excellent option.

Your mileage may vary...

#24     Dec 10, 2001
  5. Turok

Turok

>I'm in Chicago and my ping goes from 10ms to 180ms...

Yes, similar happens for me (San Diego), but my system trades (for which I need the data feed) are a longer time frame and the increase in latency will not harm me. For scalping, it wouldn't be worth the money saved.

We'll see.

JB

#25     Dec 10, 2001
  6. I love the internet. It may not make any $$ for ecommerce businesses but it sure is efficient for finding stuff. I have developed an excel spreadsheet that helps me track my pre-set alerts more effeciently. After becoming frustrated over the www.ird.com situation, I typed in "excel and stock market data" into my search engine and the following link came up.

www.esquotes.com

For a whopping $15 (one time it appears!) you get an excel DLL based workbook file that pulls realtime data for free from various sites on the net. THis is exactly what I am looking for. I will rely on my trading software's quotes for execution (obviously) so even if this data was a few seconds delayed, I will merely use it to help track the movement of stocks on my watch as they approach my pre-conceived entry points. I will post further as I check this out.

#26     Dec 12, 2001
  7. Eldredge

Eldredge

I appreciate the replies in this thread. I found that QQL will import into Excel, and I have made a worksheet that is working quite well. I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I need a function that will enter the current time into a cell and then NOT update it (just like Ctrl+Shift+;). I want to incorporate this command into a formula that will be copied to several cells. I tried the NOW function, but when one cell updates, they all update. I am currently using Ctrl+Shift+; to enter the time manually, but I would really like to have it automated. If any of you can help me, I would sure appreciate it.

#27     Dec 13, 2001
  8. Eldredge,

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do, however I think this would work. Record a macro that simply selects the region where you have the NOW function used, and then use paste special/values to place the times as values in the cells where you want it to not update. THen you can simply execute the macro with a click etc, and the cells where you want the current time will be updated....and stay that way.

BTW, I am still searching/evaluating options for the excel feed. What is QQL and where can I look at it or try it out? Thanks and good luck.

#28     Dec 13, 2001
  9. Eldredge

Eldredge

DATTrader,

Thanks for the reply. This is the formula I want to use: IF(B1<1,0,??) the ?? would be the function I am looking for. In other words, if B1 is empty (there will be no numbers less than one), then the formula cell has a zero. If I enter a number in B1, the current time will be entered in the formula cell automatically. So, I will know what time I entered a number in B1.

QQL is quicken quotes live (qql.quicken.com). I have been using them for about 4 months, and they have been quite stable - lagged badly for part of a day once, and were down for half the day once. There are some things I don't like real well, but for $40 a month I deal with them. Good luck.

#29     Dec 14, 2001
  10. Has anyone gotten a reply from www.ird.com ? I e-mailed them but never even heard from the bums. Daytrading e-minis and swing trading stocks, I don't think the longer ping times would affect my trading. No need to throw away $200/mo if I don't have too. Hell, thats 10 cases of Heineken!

#30     Dec 20, 2001