Data feed/ DOM software for IB

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by TraDaToR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. 9999

SInce you don't care about charts, ask for a "data only package", maybe you'll get a decent deal.

#21     Nov 22, 2007
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yep, Hope so... Thanks...But I don't see this kind of package on the website... It seems that you have to get e signal software...

#22     Nov 22, 2007
  3. Go Ninja and Go often....15 DOM's with Zenfire feed and a better broker than IB.... :)

#23     Nov 22, 2007
  4. moo

moo

What is Buttontrader, what does it do, and why is it so good?

#24     Nov 22, 2007
  5. bathrobe

bathrobe

Buttontrader will most likely increase your profit. The strategy builder, unbelievably fast entry, DOM. It only costs roughly $1 or so a day the bestes by the farthest,

#25     Nov 22, 2007
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Last question about this : is there a multiple DOM software compatible with IB which is also a data vendor?

Thanks.

#26     Nov 23, 2007
  7. DOM is an acronym for "Depth Of Market", which is basically just a window in a software package that displays Level II market data.

#27     Nov 25, 2007
  8. JackR

JackR

I think that the IB limitation is based on their datafeed. The DOM is very resource intensive. If you are trading the GLOBEX market (ES, ER2, NQ) you are getting the last price and five levels of Bid/Ask/Size. (YM from the CBOT has 10 levels) IB counts each (ES, ER2, NQ, YM) as a single symbol but the load is equivalent to 11+ symbols each. In essence, Level 2 data without a Level 2 charge. I think that is why they limit the number of Book Traders (DOM's) you can open.

If you use external DOM software like BT or ZLT you can create as many DOM's as you wish, but for no more than three unique symbols. IB's TWS acts as a data source and limits the DOM data to 3 symbols.

You can buy level 2 data from IB. There is no fee waiver. I suspect that doing so would allow you to attach as many DOM type display feeds (but not IB's Book Trader) as you wish up to your 100 symbol limit. If you want more symbols you need to increase your commissions to over $800 per month. They will provide one additional symbol for each $8 over the $800.

THe above is conjecture on my part. You could attempt to get an answer from Customer Service.

You could also sign up for NASDAQ Total View ($15) for a month and do a 1 month experiment to test things. I'm pretty sure BT has a real-time demo available that you could use to test up to 40 different symbols against the real-time IB feed. It does not allow actual trading.

Simultaneously tradings ten's of DOM's seems pretty ambitious - good luck.

Jack

#28     Nov 25, 2007