Data feed/ DOM software for IB

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by TraDaToR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TGM

TGM

You can have more than 3 domes open in ZLT but you cannot get beyond one level of depth.

So for depth you get 3 domes but you can open up and trade with as many as you wish (taking in account your 100 line IB limit).

#11     Nov 21, 2007
  2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#12     Nov 21, 2007
  3. Bracket Trader is my favorite.

#13     Nov 21, 2007
  4. Aok

Aok

Buttontrader is one of the reasons why I stay with IB.

Not the other way around.

Maybe the best.

ZLT is also very good.

Ninjatrader is moving ever closer to Button but is more finicky working with IB.

Customer service with BT and ZLT is also outstanding. Im not sure even the techs at IB know more about IB than Robert Hoi.

#14     Nov 21, 2007
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

OK Thanks for all your answers.

Apparently, as soon as I use IB datas, I can't get more than 3 DOMs( with full depth ) whatever the software is ... So if I want to trade more with IB, I will have to use an order entry software like buttontrader, brackettrader, zerolinetrader... + a data vendor for the instruments I want...

It may be quite expensive... What is the best solution for the market I want( data feed + order entry )?

Thanks a lot for your help...

#15     Nov 22, 2007
  6. 9999

You can try Ninja in sim mode, 100% free. Choose a feed and you should be good to go. If you wanna save money, you can connect it to opentick, although I really dislike their customer agreement...
    I'm no affiliated with any of these companies.

#16     Nov 22, 2007
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes, I know their agreement is weird. I've already subscribed one time for historical datas. They're probably scanning my PC right now...:D

Can you use a different data feed than IB for ButtonTrader and Zeroline trader? Or is Ninja the only solution?

Thanks a lot.

#17     Nov 22, 2007
  8. AOK, which charting program do you use with button/IB? does your preferred charting program indicate your positions and trades?
    thank you.

#18     Nov 22, 2007
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

You can use 10 different feeds with QuoteTrader, all at the same time. Includes charting, order entry and DOM. New version coming before year end.

http://www.quote.com/quotetrader/

And it is totally free of any fees even when using live for trading.

Chuck
    http://www.Quote.com

#19     Nov 22, 2007
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

OK, I will try...

How many DOMs can I use with quotetrader?

Since I cannot use IB datas to get more than 3 DOMs with quotetrader, the only non brokerage data vendor I can use is e-signal, right? How many would it cost to get NYMEX, CBOT, ICE and US stock exchanges with e signal?

Thanks.

#20     Nov 22, 2007