Data feed/ DOM software for IB

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by TraDaToR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

I've recently created an account at IB( great so far ), but I need more DOMs running at the same time than the 3 available with TWS. I am sure some of you had issues with this limitation.

So what is the best data feed and software solution to run a lot of DOMS and enter orders directly on ladder to IB?

I'm looking to trade CBOT, NYMEX, ICE and all US stock exchanges and I need quite accurate data in DOMs( not like TS DOM Datas, IB feed is OK for what I want to do ).

So what is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks a lot.

PS: Otherwise, is there a mean to collect more DOM datas from IB feed and run it in a standalone software with DOM order entry?

2. fvmn

fvmn

What the hell is "DOM"?

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

DOM = Depth Of Market, Level 2, Matrix, Order Book...

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I was watching the reviews for zeroline trader. They are good and it's really cheap.It seems that it uses IB datas, so datas would be free as I have an account there. Am I right? ( sorry I don't really know anything about IB's front end products )

How many DOM can you use simultaneously with it( and IB datas )?

Thanks a lot.

5. Three DOM max with IB, whatever software you are using.

6. zeroline is good, i have 4 doms open for ES at once (im serious- each has a different strategy programmed. swing, trend, breakout, scalp) and i have another 2 doms for YM and eurostoxx, so thats 6 total.

seems like u can open alot of doms dunno how many but i think i had about 10 open once but not sure. get it anyway its great software, simple and effective.

and no i dont work for them

EDIT: obviously i trade futures only, so i dont know for sure about other products. but i have had ES, eurostoxx, YM, CL, ZB, Bund all open at once with no problems

7. Buttontrader is simply incredible.

8. xiaodre

xiaodre

if you need to trade more than two markets, then button trader is the way to go with IB.

9. Yes, but you can only have a maximum of 3 different instruments active.

10. That is correct.

#10     Nov 21, 2007