Data feed/ API

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jennajameson87, Jun 30, 2003.

1. If I have a QuoteTracker subscription at 7$/month, does this subscription will work with the IQFeed API developper kit or if I have to take additional subscription at the full fee for the development?

#21     Jul 3, 2003
  2. the $5 to $7 QuoteTracker registration is for the QuoteTracker software. It has nothing to do with IQFeed. It gets rid of the ads in QuoteTracker and lets you have 5 day live intraday charts instead of 2. If you were going to use QuoteTracker with IQFeed, you would have to subscribe to IQFeed - http://www.iqfeed.net/quotetracker

The development API stuff is an additional fee (yearly I believe)

#22     Jul 4, 2003
  3. Thx Jerry for these informations, I understand that IQfeed API is 300$/year but for to feed it with data, so we have to subscribe at a cost higher than the QuoteTRacker offer usually, but if we take QuoteTracker offer does it will work with the API kit or if we have to take another subscription?

I ask it because in an earlier reply from IQFeed, we can read that every DTN data are compatible between them and that only one subscription is required, it should be the samething with QuoteTracker in theory, am I right?

Thx

#23     Jul 4, 2003
  4. I am pretty sure that the special pricing for QuoteTracker users will only work with QuoteTracker software. Higher priced subscriptions will work with all software, including QuoteTracker and your own developed apps. This is more of a DTN question :)

#24     Jul 4, 2003
  5. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

This is correct. If you are going to develop your own software, you need the full IQFeed datafeed ($50/month) or a subscription to DTN.IQ. If you are going to use QuoteTracker, you can get a much lower price on the subscription.

The developer kit is in addition to the data. If you are not writing your own software, you don't need the developer kit.

#25     Jul 7, 2003