Data feed/ API

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jennajameson87, Jun 30, 2003.

1. #11     Jul 2, 2003
  2. #12     Jul 2, 2003
  3. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

IQFeed API (www.iqfeed.net/dev) is the same price ($300/year) for individuals. This includes free email support (average of 1 hour response time) directly with our development staff as opposed to charging for "Per Incident Support".

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

#13     Jul 3, 2003
  4. Thank you... I will certainly look into this. Is it new? I was looking high and low for a realtime feed 18 months ago and never came across your site.

-- Dickie Greenleaf

#14     Jul 3, 2003
  5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Esignal obviously does not want to be in this business since they appear to view it as an inconvenience to give access to their API.

Unless you really have something unique - and in my opinion Esignal is not it - people wont bother jumping through a lot of hoops to develop for your system.

A lot of companies run their vendor relations programs as if the keys to the city are contained in their systems. The fact of the matter is that these days there are very few software systems that are this valuable that have no alternative competitor in their marketspace. Many companies that have not recognized this fact will not be able to turn their operations around in time to avoid losing market share. Even Microsoft is in trouble for appearing to not care about thrid party vendors. If you act like you dont need customers and there are alternatives then you will lose support for your platforms and ultimately lose market share.....

#15     Jul 3, 2003
  6. corvus

corvus

Yes, it seems so. Esignal wants $2500 for their SDK, and gives the developer a feed for $25/month plus exchange fees...and only does this for developers with a defined business plan. Now, let me get this straight. I write an app that helps to draw customers to Esignal, yet you want to charge me $2500 up front?

#16     Jul 3, 2003
  7. iqfeed,
    if someone subscribe to your API, does he have to pay again the exchange fee if he is already a subscriber of DTNIQ, because I think they use the same API than yours?

Also does IQFeed have a basic frontend program for visualize live data or if we have to subscribe to DTNIQ?

Thx

#17     Jul 3, 2003
  8. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

IQFeed is a datafeed only. No client software. That is what DTN.IQ is for. If you have a subscription to DTN.IQ, your loginid and PIn will work with IQFeed compatible software (thus all IQFeed compatible software is compatible with DTN.IQ). You don't pay exchange fees again because it is the same account.

IQFeed does include IQLink, which will provide the data directly from IQFeed into MS Excel, thus not requiring other software.

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

#18     Jul 3, 2003
  9. corvus

corvus

Quotetracker works with IQFeed, and it is free adware (or $7/month). Also, Ensign works with IQFeed and is $40/month.

http://www.quotetracker.com
    http://www.ensignsoftware.com

#19     Jul 3, 2003
  10. corvus

corvus

Yeah, this wasn't mentioned on the IQFeed website anywhere, but they do have a DDE tool...

#20     Jul 3, 2003