DAT For Canadians - Is there such a things as A good Firm In Canada

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Twinky, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Twinky - you can manage your IB orders via QuoteTracker or eSignal... QuoteTracker also allows you to manager TradeFreedom orders..

#21     Jan 9, 2009
  2. Try a Google search. There are lots of them. Also try a search here. There are hundreds of posts describing the good and bad points for all the major front-ends.

If you're actually serious, and you're in Canada, and you're not looking for a prop deal, you'll be with IB soon enough.

#22     Jan 9, 2009

3. You'll learn newb.

#23     Jan 9, 2009
  4. Twinky

Twinky

Slowly bt surely... :)

Like i said, its appears like IB is the way to go, but a front end is now the next step.

#24     Jan 9, 2009
  5. I think your first worry should be, can you make a consistant profit....IB will be sufficient to test any of your methods whether it be with real money or simulated trading.

#25     Jan 9, 2009
  6. Boib

Boib

Can you be more specific.
    What exactly do you want the front end to do.

I've tried TF QT and a couple of the Banks and IB is by far the best. The only drawback is no Registered accounts.

IBs Canadian customer service seems to be way better than the US counterpart. I've rarely had to contact them but have never had any problem when i did.

#26     Jan 9, 2009
  7. LightnRod

LightnRod

Interactive Brokers is pretty good. Fast and good commissions.

Couple draw backs:

No RRSP accounts

If trading you might want front end to it (Bracket Trader).

If you want good graphs then use QuoteTracker with it.

LR

#27     Jan 10, 2009
  8. Twinky

Twinky

Thanks Larry you beeat me to the punch line, i just dont like Ib's software, i want GREAT graphs to work off, thats what i use to make my decisions so they better be good, Questrades were Garbage and i lost some money because they lagged and were very poor to work with.

Great information, thanks guys!

#28     Jan 10, 2009