Darvas methods?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by grainmerchant, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Nicholas Darvas passed away in 1979. He is buried in Paris, France. In addition to writing three excellent books on investments/ trend following, he was an accomplished dancer/artist who had performed in nearly every major city in the world.

#41     Sep 25, 2004
  2. I used it as an indicator in Investor R/T. Perhaps it was not designed for intraday.

Mybe it would work with Daily bars better?

Michael B.

#42     Sep 25, 2004
  3. dbs119

dbs119

Yes, the script does not trade it just draws the boxes.
    Put TZOO and you start feeling like Darvas. You buy breakouts and put a stop loss order under the low of the box..

#43     Sep 25, 2004
  4. Where in Paris?

#44     Sep 28, 2004
  5. gallas2

gallas2

Excellent book and I agree with above - His discipline is to be admired --- the best part of the book is him walking around (Paris?) deciding not to sell a huge winner -- touching a card he had written in his pocket each time he had the urge to call his broker and sell.

I read this book a few months ago as the steel stocks were running and was able to hold on quite a bit longer than normal having read the book (see chart with Darvas boxes).

Does anyone have the .ela file for old SC4.0? I see the code - but have no powereditor.

TIA

• aga.png
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
    #45     Oct 8, 2004
  6. Yes, forget about the boxes. It's his long-term approach which made him a big winner.

#46     Oct 9, 2004
  7. Frege

Frege

8. Frege

Frege

#48     Mar 26, 2006
  9. Lucjs

Lucjs

#49     Aug 25, 2006
  10. gaj

gaj

on ind3x (whatever the site name was) is no longer there - the site was given up, and is now a placeholder.

however, i found the interview (by mark crisp, 1974) here:
    http://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_business.php/35840

it's listed elsewhere on the web as "only interview, 1975". but it can't be the only interview, as there was a major article in time that he mentions in one of his later books, where they interviewed him...and i saw elsewhere that he gave an interview to the ny times in the 50s.

#50     Aug 25, 2006