Dark Pool / Spead B/Ds ? (for stat arb)

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Esq Esq Esq, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Well EDGA and EDGX have pretty much the same routing options... so ROUZ is available for both...

#31     Jul 1, 2009
  2. So how does that work really, my access provider specifies which one he routes to (EDGA or EDGX) ? or is it something transparent that DirectEdge just does internally? or arbitrarily??

#32     Jul 1, 2009
  3. You have to specify that the order is going to EDGA.

Ask your broker how to send such an order... if they tell you it isn't available then ask them why? (since the order is available on their FIX spec...)

#33     Jul 1, 2009
  4. Will surely try when I get back to work, thanks for the idea!

Any other ideas except for ROUZ? I've heard there's a CITI route which does 1.5/1000 but haven't tried it yet.

#34     Jul 1, 2009
  5. As for ROUZ, for EDGA: the prop firms just mark it AROUZ from what I understand. However - I dont see how much it could improve my rates. ASUROUX will charge me (trading FAZ/XLF) for liq flag I,X,G,J. Otherwise its either N or W. That is, it will only charge for route-outs. AROUZ has same rates, question is - are there cases where ROUZ will give you N,W (0 remove) and ROUX will give you X,J,I etc ?

That is, are there (theoretically) cases where ROUZ wont charge and ROUX will?

#35     Jul 1, 2009
  6. Thanks eusdaiki!

Today I put AROUZ to a small try. It did 26K shares for 11 dollars and some change.
    85% of the time, it fills. some 5% it gave part fill, and 10% it just didn't fill.

Nice rates!

#36     Jul 2, 2009
  7. :)

#37     Jul 2, 2009