Dark Mode

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sprout, Apr 28, 2022.

Would you use Dark mode?

1. Yes, save my eyes!

2. Nah, not necessary

3. Never tried it, why would I want it?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sprout

Sprout

Any chance we could have that type of functionality?

cesfx likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Dark mode hurts my eyes.
    Elderly folks need brighter background light.

I wanted to vote but there is no suitable option for me to vote.

3. Sprout

Sprout

That’s interesting, we have the exact opposite experiences.

Are you sure you just not a contrarian?

Fortunately, adding dark mode would create additional functionality and not take away what’s already available.

4. maxinger

maxinger

young people tends to like the dark background.

I have a mild cataract problem. That's why.

5. deaddog

deaddog

I find darkmode is tough on the colorblind

6. Sprout

Sprout

Leo Angart's "Improve your Eyesight Naturally" can help - well researched, science based and up-to-date on current development around eye care.

Vit C, E and boron can also help with len's cloudiness. The highest concentration of Vit C in the body is in the eye lens.

On a random note, in Leo's book, he relates an experiment where they measured the eye health of folks with multi-personality disorder. They discover that each personality had different vision. One was near-sighted, another was far-sighted and a third had 20/20 vision. The science has progresses much from the days that eyesight was given to decline with age. It's now known that eyesight can change throughout the day, under different conditions as well as influenced by thoughts we think on a continued basis.

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I believe he's suggesting adding "Dark Mode" as an option. Thus, the user (member) selects which mode he wants as their default.

Simply, you get to use the forum the current way and he gets to use the forum in Dark Mode. Some forums (not trading forums) do in fact do such. They have different templates or skins for members to select as their default.

wrbtrader

Sprout likes this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

Yes, ET is in the diminishing minority in making that available. At first I didn't like dark mode, but the relief it has given my eyes has been noticeable.

9. I have an idea:

• When the S&P500 is up the forums would have a green theme.
    • When the S&P500 is down the forums would have a red theme.
    • The intensity of the green or red could even depend on how much the market is up or down. Perhaps a blue theme could be for a neutral market.

10. Sprout

Sprout

@Baron care to chime in if this is a possibility?

There are extensions to browsers, changes to system settings as well as dark mode readers. Of all my attempts, ET site has been quite resistant to allow viewing in dark mode.

edit: I’ve gotten Neo Noir to work with the exception of the text editor frame. Now it’s like oncoming headlights when composing a message.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    #10     Aug 26, 2022