Dao of Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by martys, May 19, 2005.

1. OK. My client fired me. Maybe because I said "Fuck you." So here I am at home. MY favorite transdation is D.C.Lau's from 1963 (can you guess when I was a freshman in collich?) published by Penguin:

"To know yet to think that one does not know is best.
    Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
    It is by being alive to difficulty that one can avoid it."

#31     May 25, 2005
  2. Tom Baldwin interviewed by Jack Schwager in Market Wizard:

"Right. I bet most people are probably ahead after their first five trades. They think, 'This is great, like free money.' But then they forget the reason they made money on their early trades was because they waited a long time. They said, 'I bet this is a good spot to buy it because I've seen the market act this way a lot of times.' And they made money. But all of a sudden, they are doing a trade every day.
    The next thing that happens is they lose on a few trades, and invariably don't know how to take a loss. They made money to start, and before they know it, they are even. Now they hesitate. 'Where do I get out?' The minute they hesitate, the market just keeps going. Now they are losing money and they say, 'If I sell it here, I'm going to lose $1,000.' They don't like to lose $1,000, when they're getting paid $500 a week. Now, all of a sudden, they are thinking about the money."

#32     May 25, 2005
  3. That is why I scalp. I think about the fear. I have been in a trade for nineteen minutes now and I am a nervous wreck.

#33     May 25, 2005
  4. Is your client really that good looking? :D
    What chapter is this quote on? You like brain-twister and "difficulty", don't you?

#34     May 25, 2005
  5. Actually my client was a total cunt. I do not like being in meetings where I am tempted to look down the crack of the client's ass because she is wearing low riders, or wonder why her nipples are hard because she is wearing a thin cotton bra, or no bra at all. At my age, I am quite certain that she isn't thinking about ME. Book 2, LXXI.

#35     May 25, 2005
  6. what do you scalp futures/stocks?

#36     May 26, 2005
  7. Bigarrow. Sorry to be so late in replying. I was eating my current fat girlfriend out to Iron Butterfly's "In a Gadda Da Vida" (17 minutes, 6 seconds), and got her off 17.1 times. My point is, you should trade like you fuck. At my advanced age (60), I cannot keep it up very long, either fucking or trading. Do you think this post is frivolous? Obscene? Far from it. It is TRUE. I have this horribly short atrention span. Pussy and trading bore me if I am in either one too long. Mikey.

#37     May 26, 2005
  8. .......

#38     May 27, 2005
  9. It sounds to me like you've got good stamina if you can eat a fat girl out for 17 minutes, 6 seconds.

#39     May 27, 2005
  10. dao, schmow. it's Dow.

#40     May 27, 2005