Dangerous trends in Occupy Wall Street (OWS)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Oct 16, 2011.

1. The youth of the nation has finally figured out they are modern day slaves to the elite, who push for the indentured servitude via student loans, that have zero disposal mechanisms available (bankruptcy). How fitting they want to default, which ultimately is punching their slavemasters in the face.

Before you go accusing me of anything, I am just making a realistic statement; I have no student debt or any debt for that matter other than mortgage debt. I just find it amusing that todays youth are finally realizing the game is rigged, and taking matters in their own hands.

#21     Oct 18, 2011
  2. Re student loans. These kids have two options.

Pay or not to pay, that is the question (if shakespeare had a loan he may have asked this question).

Our country better provide the jobs and the means for these kids to repay the loans because option number two, "not to pay' may be the only option when food shelter are at stake and there really isn't any money to pay.

#22     Oct 18, 2011
  3. this is totally orcestrated by hacktivists. 30-something lone radicals from computer background.

and this is not a joke. russian revolution was made by a handful of students pursuing their personal things (Lenin was retaliating for his brother was sent to death by Czar whom he tried to kill). the millions were drawn in blood over next decade for that brother.

Fidel and his friends - was just few of them and they kicked american ar$e quite effectively..

so dont count on the statistics that much. your children will pull you out of the closet and sell to the hacktivists because they were told - YOU ARE EVIL

#23     Oct 18, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wish they would protest something worthwhile, like congress.

#24     Oct 18, 2011
  5. sme

sme

Glad some people see what is going on. For those who think he is being a "lefty", please look at this discussion: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=229079

#25     Oct 18, 2011
  6. I don't know what the case is in the US, but in the UK student loans are not cleared in bankruptcy. There's absolutely no way of clearing this huge debts taht are dumped on kids as soon as enter the workplace. It's an extra tax they have to keep you under their thumb.When I left uni about 10 years ago my student loan debts were about GBP4K it's not uncommon now for students to leave uni with GBP20-30K debts or more, and job prospects arn't exactly great unless you're top of the class etc.
    I think more people should start getting a bit pissed off, a whole generation of people is about to get royally fucked over.

#26     Oct 18, 2011
  7. I think a lot of the tea party folk think this is what the Boston tea-party was about... but thats totally wrong.

They were protesting taxation without representation, and were far from anti-government, they wanted to form their own government. They were anti-colonists and anti-monarchy, but very pro representative democracy, and were pro-taxation to support that government.

5yr

#27     Oct 18, 2011
  8. jprad

jprad

You're spot on about taxation without representation, but the colonists at the time of the tea party still thought of themselves as British subjects and the first provincial governments they set up were actually intended to be part of the empire.

It wasn't until 3 years later that the colonists reached the point where they declared independence from British rule.

The US is actually a constitutional republic even though some, but not all, officials in each of the three branches of government are elected by some form of democratic process.

#28     Oct 18, 2011
  9. Speaking of dangerous trends, not only is the OWS crowd being robbed by wall street, looks like they're being robbed by each other.

Bummer, huh,,,,

"Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment. I had my Mac stolen—that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was … get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!"

"I’m not getting paid, but I’m not gonna stand for it. Why people got to come here and do stupid stuff? All it does is make people not wanna come here anymore."

Awwwww,,,,,,,, why don't you call a cop? Just asking..... maybe they could look for finger prints.....

:D

My dear watson - looks like a case of wealth distribution.

#29     Oct 18, 2011
  10. In continuation....

"The volunteer didn’t clarify what he considered “stupid stuff,” a term some might broadly apply to everything that has gone in the park since the protests began five weeks ago."

#30     Oct 18, 2011