Dangerous trends in Occupy Wall Street (OWS)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jprad

jprad

There's no organized core from what I can see.

If there is, let's see it survive the winter and see what emerges come springtime.

#11     Oct 17, 2011
  2. They can't decide if people should be allowed to bring sleeping bags into the protest area.

The headquarters is a storage unit. They are trying to figure out how to develop a database to "thank" their donors.

You are asking WAYYYY too much from this bunch.

#12     Oct 17, 2011
  3. wartrace

wartrace

I support the outrage IF only they would get their heads out of their butts and realize it is the POLITICIANS that have destroyed this economy. Blaming Wall Street is like blaming a dog for eating the bowl of food you placed in front of it.

Political policy got us where we are today. I had to laugh when Al Gore voiced support for the protests particularly after having recently watched his debate with Ross Perot regarding NAFTA. It is nice to see he supports the victims of the policy he pimped years ago.

These people do not understand that they should be in DC with boiled rope, tar & Feathers instead of on Wall Street.

Oh, the democrats are already moving to use them to retain power next election and the idiots will probably vote for them too. JUST LIKE the Tea Party idiots who thought voting republicans in would "make a difference".

The only way this country will ever recover is if we rid ourselves of this two party kleptocracy. Probably will take violence to do it.

#13     Oct 17, 2011
  4. so we're comparing the wall street protests to the Boston Tea party/revolution now.... didnt do so well in american history did we? lol

<3

#14     Oct 18, 2011
  5. jprad

jprad

It's naive to think that the politicians in DC did this all by themselves.

Politicians are to big money (mega-corps) the same as the tea party is to republicans and the OWS will probably come to be for the democrats...

...useful idiots.

Follow the money. Follow the trail of campaign funds that elected these people back to the source and you'll find the root of the problem.

Wall Street was not a player?

Right...

http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/index.php

"The financial sector is far and away the largest source of campaign contributions to federal candidates and parties, with insurance companies, securities and investment firms, real estate interests and commercial banks providing the bulk of that money."
    http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/background.php?cycle=2012&ind=F

#15     Oct 18, 2011
  6. wartrace

wartrace

I understand that Wall Street bought their politicians. The point being that the politicians ALLOWED themselves to BE BOUGHT and put their lust for power above doing the right thing for our country. The politicians had a choice and they screwed this country in order to stay in power.

My whole point is that the anger directed at "Wall Street" should be focused on the political pigs in Washington. Now, seeing the Democrats trying to exploit this anger for political gain WHEN THEY WERE THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM is utterly amazing to me. Are people THAT stupid to buy it? Unfortunately I think they will. We keep on electing the same two political crime families into office expecting different results and look where we are.

#16     Oct 18, 2011
  7. Yes, there's quite a lot of difference between fighting for your freedom and just being a whiny, greedy little bastard ne'er do well demanding that somebody give you something you're too incompetent or too lazy to acquire for yourself.

#17     Oct 18, 2011
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Particularly funny since the Boston Tea Party was an anti-tax/anti-government protest, pretty much the exact opposite of the OWS crowd.

#18     Oct 18, 2011
  9. lindq

lindq

+1

It is easy (and stupid) just to point the finger at Wall Street.

The harder job...and the one that should be done...is to identify the government officials who controlled the regulatory process that allowed this to happen.

This used to be a job for the news media. But no longer, as the news media is now also bought and paid for by the very same corporate interests that control D.C.

So it really is a job for the public now. Get into D.C., just as thousands of us did in the late 60s and 70s, and start screaming like hell.

When, as in 1969, the White House is surrounded by buses for protection, and the air is filled with tear gas, then the message may start to get through.

#19     Oct 18, 2011
  10. Yes - they are the same thing.

Because it takes one group to offer an illegal bribe.

And the other group to take it. :D

#20     Oct 18, 2011