Dane Cook...Funny or Not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Longhorns, Oct 1, 2007.

Dane Cook....Funny or Not?

1. He's hysterical

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. He's awful

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

yes actually. I was born to the African tribe Anlo-Ewe, son of Swagga and Oluremi Uuka. I was exiled from the Republic of Ghana because i did not want to participate in the drum dancing. I then swam across the Atlantic Ocean and washed up in New Orleans. I learned perfect english very quickly.

The first time I turned the TV on, a James Cramer character was hooting and biting the heads off miniature animals. When i first logged on to the internet, elite trader was my homepage. An American Hedge Fund by Tim Sykes was my first book read and my first taste of music was that of Moby. I feel I am adapting well to American culture.

#11     Oct 2, 2007
  2. jsmooth

jsmooth

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lP3Gq7Hea4E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lP3Gq7Hea4E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1gN0LCn4jvM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1gN0LCn4jvM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#12     Oct 2, 2007
  3. I just sat through 3+ minutes of that nonsense and then I had to shut it off.

He is so unbelievably not funny.

The poll is 12-2 in favor of him being an awful comedian.

How that dildo ever got paid to tell jokes is a mystery.

#13     Oct 2, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

He had a part about atheists. I assume most of the students were Christians because they liked it, I assume they felt superior. But it was more than not funny, it was just pathetic... :)

#14     Oct 2, 2007
  5. GGSAE

GGSAE

I'm in my late twenties and like all the low brow, immature toilet humour of shows such as: family guy, chapelle, south park...but don't care for this douchebag at all. The only thing i've laughed with him in it was when he was being portrayed on Mad TV in a mock skit of family guy.
    Now that was funny.

#15     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Whoa, family guy is not low brow toilet humour.

As far as this "comic" goes, he can have all the monkeys he wants, his material is oooooold hat.

#16     Oct 2, 2007
  7. hcour

hcour Guest

jsmooth,

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood my earlier request. Let me repeat moiself:

Anybody got any YouTube links, where he's actually funny? (Emphasis added.)

Thanks!
    Harold

#17     Oct 2, 2007
  8. LOL.

The second YouTube link on the top of this page had some long drawn out joke about how "There's one thing all guys would rather do than have sex"....and then he says, "Every guy would rather go on a heist than have sex".

Yeah...that's real funny.

Not sure who he's been banging, but I'd rather bust a nut than go rob a fucking bank....and I'm quite sure every single guy I know would say the same thing.

What a total jackoff.

#18     Oct 2, 2007
  9. Vista

Vista

His stand-up's not that great, but hey, is anybody else here making movies with BOTH Jessicas? Not a bad spot to be in.

#19     Oct 3, 2007
  10. I think Dane Cook's rise to fame will ALWAYS be a mystery.
    I don't think I have met one fan of his and I do talk to people in the supposed demographic that loves him. I guess he appeals to the imbecile college kids (there is A LOT of those). Plus, his topics usually appeal to most college kids and occasion he does say smth funny & interesting. It may be more about his perseverence and ability to relate, rather than any real talent or comedy. He is kinda like Pauly Shore.

He isn't bad in movies either, even with today's low standards.

At the same time, there have been much more disturbing comic success stories. Whoopi Goldberg (has she ever said a real joke?), Jerry Seinfeld (same joke 1000 times), Ellen Degeneris (seriously, WTF?), Rosanne Barr (there is NOTHING funny or pleasant watching or hearing that lady do anything) and last, but not least, Carrot Top (I can't believe people actually PAY to go see him as opposed to being paid)

#20     Oct 3, 2007