Dan Zanger traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chiefraven, May 31, 2007.

1. go back through his newsletter achieves, it's the drop down menu on the right... you will learn a ton... I wouldn't say he is a CANSLIM trader.

#11     Jun 1, 2007
  2. one thing i would like to know is how much he made from his big trades as percentage of his total so how much of his total trading capital is from cmgi and goog

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. Hopefully you've done this but there have been a number of good threads on Zanger on et. The ones I remember are good reading and give an encouraging but balanced high level picture.

Btw, don't listen to all the cynics out there. If Zanger's style makes you excited, then go for it. You can make it work but remember this: it will take you much longer and be much more work to get there than you ever imagined. Zanger, if I remember right, made his money during the bull years. It's been much tougher for him since then.

But my opinion is that 1) you can take any approach and make it make money if you're willing to pay the price and 2) whatever you read about in a book or on a site will never work as easily as it is laid out.

And don't forget that CANSLIM, for example, is really not for sideways or bear markets. Finding a way to make it work in those markets will require some work...

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. I dont know if Zanger was a day trader, but if you have the time and the money, learn to day trade these patterns, especially breakouts because on a good day, a stock could break 3 or more times during the day, giving you an extraordinary opportunity to cash in.

[side note ] Can anyone dig up a pic of this guys house/ cars ? :D

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. hey guys... what do you guys use to cull for the stocks that zanger looks for... i know he uses the canslim criteria as the culling method for finding fundamentally sound companies.... but does anyone know a good software for finding, culling these stocks?

one that i found was highgrowthstock but was wondering if there are any better ones out there..

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. Pardon me for being so thick but there's no drop down menu that I can find on his ChartPattern website..

#16     Jun 3, 2007
  7. It's under historical performance http://www.chartpattern.com/cf/ytd_performance.cfm

... but how do we know he REALLY is getting the % gains that he says he is?...

#17     Jun 3, 2007
  8. hausse

hausse

I am quite happy with Quotes-Plus, who supply the data for Highgrowthstock, if I am not mistaken. With the QP database comes a scan program that lets one do scans of fundamental and technical criteria and offers nice flexibility. A simple charting software is also included. I use the database with Amibroker for charting.

Dan Zanger mentioned that he uses William O'Neil's Daily Graphs for fundamentals.

#18     Jun 3, 2007
  9. "The trades listed below show <b>some of the best</b> recent winning picks"

If you look they're all positive, which I think everyone agrees it's not possible.

I thought somewhere the actual newsletters were there to analyze them.

#19     Jun 3, 2007
  10. So who is a long time Dan Zanger follower and knows the ins and outs of his style, techniques, disciplines?

i am just starting to learn about this system and know that he uses a volume moving average, but anyone know how many days he uses ? the 65 days volume moving average?

of course t his is just one of the the things i'm wondering about regarding his system, so would definetly like to talk to someone about it thoroughly either through PM, MSN or yahoo messenger.

#20     Jun 21, 2007