Dan Zanger shorting Goldman Sachs in a big way...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jumpshot, Jul 12, 2009.

1. read between the lines, there is ample reasons for a huge short term short here. good luck, surf

#51     Jul 13, 2009
  2. i agree surf but theres a possibility it gaps in am. would you rather be short at $142 were many on here are or possibly $150-$160? regardless one will get a better short than $142 tommorrow

#52     Jul 13, 2009
  3. ammo

ammo

depends on how u trade , could be short 147 on averaging, and the chart has a res line at 149+, if it goes thru you either avg again or cover and shrt higher,or get long.depends on your style of trading and how confident you are in your research....more than 1 way to skin a cat

#53     Jul 13, 2009
  4. Sounds right. But remember that many of above posters have little to no idea about the revenue streams of GS ... nor have they done any research. I love it.

#54     Jul 13, 2009
  5. Do you technicians consider anything else besides the charts? You guys are talking technical levels on the eve of an earnings release. This stock can open 20+ pts past any "resistance" level in the pre-market and blow all your stops away at the bell.

If you are short this stock for a technical play, tell me, when will you realize you are wrong?

#55     Jul 13, 2009
  6. so Jumpshot is still short, he has testified.

On GS earnings we will know how he did.

GS is very powerful. Watch your back.

God shorted GS once, and look how he's been doing.

GS before the open / Shorts are there in the fumes, hard to see

[​IMG]

#56     Jul 14, 2009
  7. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

I really dont know anything about the fundamentals behind Goldman, investment banks or whatever. I dont know the first thing about the financials, accounting or anything else for that matter...

However, what I do know is that price failed to make it past its previous high.

Goldman announced record numbers in 2007 and then it proceeded to dump and drop from there. Whatever was announced did not matter. The only way price is going above that previous high is if Goldman announced a cure for aids or cancer. Thats not going to happen so here we go on the downward rollercoaster...

#57     Jul 14, 2009
  8. I think the 2007 drop was based on a slightly larger macro theme.

#58     Jul 14, 2009
  9. Goldman earnings blow away the street, and the stock is unchanged.

Watch this one carefully folks, could be a classic "Buy the rumour, sell the news" trade to the downside. If Goldman closes red today, it could puke 10-15 points in a jiffy.

#59     Jul 14, 2009
  10. You may be suffering from premature liftoff.

See your doctor ASAP.

#60     Jul 14, 2009