Dan Zanger shorting Goldman Sachs in a big way...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jumpshot, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

This isnt a blown call just yet...the last swing high was at 149.8 and price is making a pivot as we speak at 149.75...

The bear case is strengthened if price does not go above its last swing high...

#31     Jul 13, 2009
  2. agree. short GS via 140 puts july @ 1.35 here

#32     Jul 13, 2009
  3. Speaking of blowing Jumpshot, do you have a stop loss or are you willing to lose any amount?

#33     Jul 13, 2009
  4. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Shorted at 149.7 when I saw the pivot and have a stop at 149.9.

My trading rules state that I cannot jump into a trade until after 10:30am. I saw the pop this morning and suspected that the stock would not go above its previous swing high. It did, but only by 10 cents. I believe I got a good entry on this one...

#34     Jul 13, 2009
  5. nice entry, so far....

surf

#35     Jul 13, 2009
  6. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Thats what Jesse Livermore told me in the book when he was in Florida on vacation and price did not rise above the previous high...he sold it and sold it hard at the market to the horror of the wire operator...his buddy sat there laughing at him all that time. I think it was a railroad or some other popular stock of the time that everyone was seemingly so bullish on...

#36     Jul 13, 2009
  7. looks like the pivot may fail on price... would have been nice if the move had been on lighter volume & the previous swing had been a high volume candle.

spectator here. Glad I closed FAZ on Friday prior to the banks reporting:D

#37     Jul 13, 2009
  8. Zanger Zinged.

News at 11

#38     Jul 13, 2009
  9. You short 150 dollar stocks with 20 cent stops.

Uh huh.

#39     Jul 13, 2009
  10. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

I do it all the time. Technically speaking, that was the most logical pivot point. If it isnt, then I want to be wrong early rather then later. Any small loss taken will be a small punishment for being wrong.

My bet is for a break to the downside. If price gets above my entry, then my bet is blown.

#40     Jul 13, 2009