Dan Zanger shorting Goldman Sachs in a big way...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jumpshot, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

2. Thanks for posting this. I am just now listening.

I wonder in anticipation if it has to do with their little manipulation tool being stolen, or whether the crackdown on speculators is going to hurt GS, especially with all their inside connections.

After all, they basically run the system.

Hank Paulson under Bush, Rahm Emmanuel under Obama - their man is always on a walk in basis in the Oval Office.

3. No, GS is showing technical sell signals on the daily weekly and monthly charts. Every technical worth
    his salt went short GS the first week in July.

It's a pullback short to about 125, if u believe in targets.

4. Zanger is normally wrong. Fade long would be best bet

5. mxjones

mxjones

?

I've never followed him, but I thought Zanger had a good track record. Define "normally wrong"...

6. Mvic

Mvic

GS was an easy $4-5 short off the 150 level for a short swing but you have to be willing to gamble on poor odds to get in heavy right before earnings and before 137 is taken out and confirms that doubletop.

7. There's 100's of plays coming in the coming weeks with earnings why try to front run? personally if gs gaps big into tommorrow evening i'll short other wise i'll wait for earnings tuesday morning
    and wait for the blowout earnings and hope we get a gap and reversal.we've had a nice correction into earnings and it worries me est's are so low we could a spike to screw some shorts up the next 2 weeks.

8. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Thats because Goldman is the one that could do no wrong and still in the triple digits. Its recent trading suggests the earnings report wont be as expected.

For the last two years every summer rally in Goldman has been a great time to short. This time is **no different**. We could easily make a lower low in the next 3-6 months.

Its the most obvious short in the market right now...and guranteed to make you money.

9. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Goldman is doomed, but it's going to take the patience of a saint to profit from it as (a) it could take years and (b) I could be wrong.

10. Lol "guaranteed" to make one money? Well i can tell you haven't been around long or you're a broke trader. there's nothing guaranteed and if you trade like that you're either broke or going there. In my many years doing this i've seen a 1000 guys like you come and go who thought there were guarantees in the mkt. show me were gs is breaking down? i see a long sideways consolidation that could just as easily break up or down although based on the long upward slope of gs i'd say down but it could first crush the shorts then fall.i'll give you the first 10-20% guessing while i'll take the middle 40%.

#10     Jul 12, 2009