Dan Rather: Obama Couldn't Sell Watermelons....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

LOL, i really hope for your sake that your speculative skills are better in the stock market.

#41     Mar 8, 2010
  2. I bet you anything that maxpi is dan rather.

#42     Mar 9, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

#43     Mar 9, 2010
  4. Do we really want our (well, not mine) president "selling" us ANYTHING? Isn't he supposed to be the LEADER of the country? Not the "remaker of the country in his own fantasy image" despot?

#44     Mar 9, 2010
  5. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2672393#post2672393

You can't see the difference, Lucrum? Perhaps you should make larger eyeholes in your sheet. I'm not defending Rather's comment one way or the other. His was perhaps an unfortunate choice of fruit in the context of his comment only insofar as some sensitized people might take note. That was the extent of it. However, I am lambasting your outrageous post. There is no way to explain it away. You are an inveterate racist thug always nibbling at the periphery and occasionally stepping right into it.

#45     Mar 9, 2010
  6. 151

I'd like to start by saying I understand your point. It IS called the "house of representatives".

But I think a slight comparison can be drawn between any group.

We are talking about politicians. Its not right, but like any other group we hire who we think will do the best job for us.

So the desire to see a % breakdown in the house of minorities and women that equals that of our total population is just flawed.

Do you want to see a bunch of short white guys playing basket ball in the NBA?

How about a equal amount of fat horse jockies?

I am sure you get the point. For any group of professionals we hire who we think is best suited for the job.

Where the similarity ends though is that with ball players and jockies, if they suck we fire them and get a new guy. With politicians we seem to hold on to them for as long as we can.

Does that mean the problem is US?

#46     Mar 9, 2010
  7. Such a flawed argument, sad, and mostly grounded in bigotry and racism.

Why?

Women aren't qualified to serve in congress? Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Hispanic aren't qualified?

Man, how pathetic that the "qualification" is being white, male, and having money to run a campaign...

Your post just revealed the racism and gender inequality that is practiced in this country...

#47     Mar 9, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

How about now Doc?

#48     Mar 9, 2010
  9. Why do you deny you are a racist?

Isn't that the kind of thinking right wingers are secretly proud of?

#49     Mar 9, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You are not very bright sometimes.

#50     Mar 9, 2010