Dan Loeb's TPP for 16% off

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by billyjoerob, Jun 19, 2010.

1. You can buy shares in Dan Loeb's hedge fund either through the LSE (TPOU) or through the pink sheets (TPNTF). It's now trading at 16% off nav . . . not bad for a guy who should return 15%+ for the next few years. There's no reason for this to trade at a discount.

http://thirdpointpublic.com/default.asp?P=520288

2. Thanks for posting.

:)

3. So what you are saying is, that the market is stupid and blind in this one instance, whereas overall it is very efficient? Or perhaps this supposition is incorrect... :cool:

4. Looks like a reasonably good value, but the discount was 50% in December 2008.

5. That's probably why it's still at a discount . . . lots of underwater sellers. Plus, this is a hedge fund traded as a partnership headquarted in Guernsey . . . not exactly alot of natural buyers out there for this. I figure that if Loeb can return ~20% in the next 12 months and get the NAV to ~$12, and the discount narrows, this could be a 40% return without too much risk.

6. Retief

Retief

Sheeeeeeeeeeeet, Mr. Pink, aka senor_pinche_wey, should pick up a few shares for himself.

7. I think alot of people thought Obama would be as pro-business as Clinton. So when Obama turned out not to be a New Democrat like Clinton, it came as a bit of a surprise.

8. pspr

pspr

They should have called me. I could have told them the color of his stripes.

#10     Aug 31, 2010