Dan Fitzpatrick Of Real Money is Terrible

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KevinK, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Anyone who would willingly handicap himself/herself by only picking stocks because they're less than 10 dollars is just a flat-out idiot.

Even worse, anyone who would subscribe to this nonsense is just completely misguided.

It's no wonder most people lose money in the market.

#11     Aug 6, 2005
  2. nitro

nitro

I venture that 80% or more of the people that post on ET don't trade and are investors of some type, and most are looking for "tips" either from people like these on websites giving advice, or from chatroom operators.

The markets have a very small number of people that actually make money from trading. A huge amount of the rest of the money made from the markets is selling advice or a dream to those that can't, by those that can't.

nitro

#12     Aug 6, 2005
  3. Fitzy has thin skin. If you write him an email complaining, he is known to take it personally.

If you can't stand the heat...

#13     Aug 6, 2005
  4. KevinK

KevinK Guest

That's interesting...How has he responded?

#14     Aug 6, 2005
  5. I have to admit I've never read this Fitzpatrick. I've been reading Cramer a long time, and I will say I find him very entertaining, very educational, very well-informed, a good indicator of consensus Street thinking, but terribly dangerous to follow with "real money."

I think Jeff Cooper is worth the price of the sub. Some of his numerology stuff seems wacky, but the guy is one of the best analysts I have seen. Never folowed his newsletter, so no comment on that. Rev Shark is pretty good too. That guy Chris who writes on the oil patch is also pretty useful. Marc Chandler is an experienced and decent currency analyst. And Howard Simons I enjoy because he makes me think. James Altucher is also very interesting. For me, that's about it.

#15     Aug 6, 2005
  6. Oh get real.

It's proven beyond doubt that it's also possible to use tech analysis to make a living running a chat room and selling seminars.

Sheesh, what are they teaching you at university these days?

#16     Aug 10, 2005
  7. Because people want to be told what to do. Thats Wall Street for you.

#17     Aug 10, 2005