Damned Sentiment Data - "dumb" money is short

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by brettman9, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

As long as we don't violate the Aug/recent lows, I am very short term bullish...everyone is expecting a 50 bp cut, oil is declining, and gold stocks are not making new highs while gold has.

I understand that it was the financials that profitted in the latest rally.

#11     Jan 13, 2008

2. There is close to a $Trillion in global liquidity sitting on the sidelines, waiting to be unleashed.

The USD is going lower, which means there may be too much liquidity coming into the system all at the same time. Lows over the next few weeks and then higher to all time highs by April. Parabolic move anyone?

#12     Jan 13, 2008
  3. Hell yeah

assuming we can reinflate convincingly, we haven't even had the 'fleece the public' wave yet. going to be a ton of marketing by paper profits and private equity...and 40% of S&P profits are derived from foreign markets at this point anyways...should be an easy sell

#13     Jan 14, 2008
  4. Just a thought: Judging from the sentiment on ET during the weekend, there should be plenty of bulls buying Monday that are potential pukers on a new leg down.

Not predicting anything of course, but it does seem like there's still plenty of hope. Proper bottoms are set when everything is hopeless and we're all going to die.

#14     Jan 14, 2008
  5. As a trader, I should be able to trade the dumb money and the smart money in any market.

#15     Jan 14, 2008