Damn, I hit a wall!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by sunggong, Nov 16, 2007.

1. My trading, which as been going smoothly for a while, has turned sour over the last 3-4 weeks.

I've been breaking monthly income record pretty much every month, capped by the best month ever in October.

After superb first 3 weeks in October, I have been just treading water lately, and I can't figure out why.

I'm still making some money during this period, but it still sucks not being able to make more to the level that I'm capable of (and have been prior to this slump).

Maybe I need a vacation or something.

What do you folks do when you get into a funk?

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. hi nkhoi, your 4th posting is indeed very true:D

4. How can you be an avid poster in Spydertraders journal and then post something like this? What you posted goes against a major principle of the journal....that the market is the SAME everyday. The variables just change (like volitility and direction), but what makes price move up/down and sideways remains the same.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

this is big world, don't get all mix up, not everybody can/want/aspire to be JH trader.

6. Take a vacation.
    Come back in January.

7. Tums

Tums

hahaha... LOL, that's a wake up call for people who use a seasonal/single-cycle system, but haven't realized it yet... ;-)

8. nkohi's post is one of the great truths of trading.

While it is true that the market is the same everyday, on some days our setups will work better than others. It is the process of accustoming ourselves to the down days that will make the good days even better, while I wish they all could be good for the guys who have put in the work, alas they cannot.

Good trading,

JJ