Dammm

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ProTrader1, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candletrader is NOT = TradeRX, but sometimes I wish I had his sense of humor... TradeRX is like my kindred spirit, my other self... a brother in waiting.

#41     Jan 23, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

TradeRX is like my kindred spirit, my other self

LOL. :) Nothing to be proud of. Children of Satan take on many forms...

#42     Jan 23, 2002
  3. Ikspec

Ikspec

Okay, it looks like yesterday was pretty good to everyone, it was pretty good to me too. But what made it good for you? What made it easy for you? It seems like a lot of people were expecting a tank from the opening gap up and it happened. What indicators told you it was going to play out that way and made you go short? I look forward to hearing what indicators, leading or otherwise, various people used yesterday that made it an incredibly easy day.

I'll even start us off. Yesterday was easy for me because neither the Dow nor Nasdaq broke through the highs they set for the first thirty minutes of trading after the gap up which was my first short signal and I noted NYSE declining volume was outpacing advancing volume by a decent margin while the Dow was still in firmly positive territory.

So what made it easy for YOU?

Ik

#43     Jan 23, 2002
  4. For me it was because I was short EBAY, INTU, INFS and TRDO from previous day(s) and with the exception of EBAY the gap up was not enough to touch my stop. I then added to the good ones when the gap failed.

I also went in with CPQ, USON PKS and GLBL long. I dumped half my CPQ and all my USON as they opened weak, considering the gap. The rest of CPQ went when my stop was hit, but I kept the other two all day.

I am a swing trader, so I didn't need to make lightening fast decisions to take advantage. The decisions had already been made the day(s) before and the market cooperated.

However, I gave a quarter of it back today as all my shorts and GLBL were stopped out and a couple of other ventures didn't pan out. Good gains in INFS and PKS were not enough to offset the damage. I guess the market didn't cooperate.

#44     Jan 23, 2002
  5. JBHT, trigger long over yesterday's high. Entry early @ 24.85 sold at 27.47 inthe pm.

Managed trade remotely, was out all day on other business.

It's nice to not have to watch every tick and do well.

#45     Jan 23, 2002
  6. HAHAHAHAAAAAA

YOU GUYS CAN'T MAKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU THINK YOUR KING BECAUSE OF ONE DAY BUT THE REAL MASTER TRADER MAKES CACHINGOS EVERY DAY

WORSHIP ME I AM YOUR CACHINGO MASTER

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#46     Jan 23, 2002
  7. haha!

PS Anonymouth, you have a real problem.

#47     Jan 23, 2002
  8. HAHAHA

CACHINGOS NOT TREATING YOU WELL!!???

THE MARKET IS A TREE OF RIPE CACHINGOS AND I HAVE THE LONGEST ARMS

I AM THE MASTER I AM THE CACHINGO MAKER

HA!!!

:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

#48     Jan 23, 2002
  9. Lancer

Lancer

I prescribe Lithium 600 mg tid R

#49     Jan 23, 2002
  10. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Glad to see you all had a great day Tuesday.................I totally messed up that day and ended up down as much as I should have been up! Tuesday was cake, but my piece fell on the floor before I took a bite! Made a bit back after hours after my huge day losses, that was the good news (if it can be considered that).

HOWEVER, CACHINGO Wednesday we'll call it. Made back all of yesterday's losses, then yesterday's profit plan, then today's profit plan, and then some extra for good measure.

..........................still can't believe I messed up Tuesday, a gift of a day............................oh well.

Remember - "Opportunity made fresh daily"

#50     Jan 23, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.