Dallas Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by traderTX, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Man I remember back in the day when Deep Ellem was just getting started. Talk about "pent up demand."

#21     Sep 22, 2008
  2. Is the northern part of Oak Cliff still gay?

#22     Sep 23, 2008
  3. Amen.....Austin is great, and living on Lake Travis is really nice!

I tried DFW once (2001) but it just was not for me.....too big like Htown.....no thanks. :)

#23     Sep 23, 2008
  4. I love Dallas and Houston but I stay in the latter. I dont think you will go wrong with Dallas. There are many many many worse places to be.

#24     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Bongo972

Bongo972

Uptown is not all it's cracked up to be. It's nice to visit but hell would freeze over before I'd ever live there.

Plano is nice with lots of business/jobs, etc. Hell they even have some trading stuff going on.

#25     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Well that's interesting because when I first started going down there in 82-83 it was too close to Oak Cliff and there was too much crime. 25 years later and whaddya know.

#26     Sep 23, 2008
  7. What was once, shall be again!

#27     Sep 24, 2008
  8. Plano is where it's at. The lawns have no crabgrass and the women have no pubic hair.

#28     Sep 25, 2008

9. I did not enjoy Dallas at all. Actually, no need to be modest, I HATED Dallas/Texas (no offense). I made it to uptown Dallas one evening, but did not see anything interesting or worthy. The place was empty, yet I sat in traffic to get there. Empty storefronts and streets. Several miles outside of Dallas you’ll find nothing but empty strip malls, where each one consists of a starbucks, a chili’s and a subway. I paid more for my starbucks coffee there than I do in NYC, AND had to wait almost 10 minutes to get it. The slow pace is no surprise, but the gloomy vibe throughout the area is nothing other than depressing (I finally understand why people kill themselves). On a brighter note, I did have a good steak, flew above the sun and finally met a pet that can be both a cat and a dog!

#29     Oct 13, 2008
  10. EEUT84

EEUT84

wow, there aren't too many dallas fans in here :). for those that do trade in dfw and are interested in meeting up, please let me know via here or pm. preference is given to career traders with profitable (equity) strategies who are interested in meeting someone similar, but i'm quite open-minded and love to talk shop with anyone any day of the week. please no super secretive people though, there is absolutely nothing more annoying. really looking for a reciprocal interaction if possible! thanks.

#30     Dec 10, 2008