Dallas Prop or Retail Firms

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by luvtotradestock, Jul 28, 2003.

1. I was wanting to know what is happening in Dallas Texas now. The firm I was with shut down and everyone had to go remote. Could someone please enlighten me as to retail or proprietary daytrading firms with offices in Dallas? Thanks.

2. Bsulli

Bsulli

Most of them in Dallas have dried up and blown away. Bright still has an office in Dallas. I'm not a prop trader so I don't keep up with them like I use to.

Bsulli

3. PresAgg

PresAgg

Bright is in Dallas...469-374-9328. Assent, formerly Andover, has opened an office as well....214-443-9400. I believe ProTrader and Momentum both closed down. Hope that helps!

4. Hey, I called the Bright Trading office and looked them up in the Yellow Pages and it seems they have shutdown. The number is disconnected and I went by the office and there is nothing there. I called Assent/ Andover, they are open. Thanks for the heads-up PresAg. It is amazing that this town had so many and now it seems it is down to one firm. Wow!

5. sub0

sub0

If Bright Trading is so successful, how come they shut the Dallas office down?

6. volente_00

volente_00

Have you ever been in Dallas traffic ?

7. LOL same in Houston. Everyone seems to be remote.

8. That's funny. I checked the Assent website and it looks like they have an office in Houston and Austin but nothing in Dallas. So I guess there are officially no prop shops in Dallas.

I can't believe that. The term equities of Dallas...the saying "offices in Dallas, Hong Kong, New York, London"...all that means nothing?

Nobody wants the Dallas market? One of the largest cities in the U.S.

All you have to do is open up a shop and you'll have virtually no competition.

Come on Don Bright? Where you at? Let's get an office in Dallas somebody.