Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drjekyllus, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Unfortunately I agree with you on this one, so I am not going to bet next week, I often make the mistake in the playoffs of betting based on emotion, especially at the end. I really want Favre to win, but you never see these fairy tale stories end well. (except the best QB ever, Roethlisberger) :)

Based on the same analysis as last week, I would have to give the edge to New Orleans at QB and special teams, and better secondary, so minnesota only has runningback and front four to rely on, given the way Peterson has played this year I can not see it happening, especially since it is a home game for NO, and crowd noise will be a huge factor. The problem is that Drew Brees is similar to Peyton, he is a timing quarterback, he drops into the pocket and throws it away if nothing is there, so I can not see the front four making a huge difference for Minnesota in that game like they did against Romo. I think Brees will tear the Minesota secondary apart.

That said I will be cheering for Favre with My bear skin Rug taped to my chest, and the brutal moustache I have been sporting since the playoffs started for Favre. I am now a full grown Viking. :)

I wouldnt mind Rex Ryan and Sanchez winning either, but that will probably be atleast a 7 or 8 to 1 shot, so basically no chance of that.

If it ends up Indy, New Orleans I might just go fishing for that weekend :) j/k

#41     Jan 17, 2010
  2. bronks

bronks

I haven't really watched Min enough to figure out what's going on with AD. I mean, Chester Taylor breaking off longer runs from scrimmage lately? WTF?? It seems AD just can't get a crease... unless he's hurt, I don't get it.:confused:

#42     Jan 17, 2010
  3. The only thing I can think of is that Childress was not as creative this year, look at some of the plays Fisher ran with Johnson especially against the seahawks, (who were expecting the run the whole game) the options they run are hard to defend, but the Titans definately took the play out of the QB's hands after Collins' start, I think that childress came to be able to rely on Favre too much this year, as opposed to previous years, they are not creating plays just for AP, and I think it is a huge mistake, if you watch closely alot of the running plays AP has are bust the gut type plays this year, and I think that is what is causing fumbles as well, it is far different from how he started in the league, where they always tried to create space for him. Its not like he is not getting carries anymore, he got something like 28 carries today. I think the only chance the vikes have next week is if they shock New Orleans and figure out some stuff for Peterson. It will definately be a test for Childress to see if he is smart enough to realise this.

#43     Jan 18, 2010
  4. bronks

bronks

Should be a good battle between Peterson and Bush. Both will wanna prove something.

#44     Jan 18, 2010
  5. I hope so, even if it comes down to a final drive, and a viking loss ill atleast be satisfied, cheers to the vikes! I love watching a strong run, strong d-line team.

I can only assume as a fellow Steel town fan you do to!

#45     Jan 18, 2010
  6. bronks

bronks

Yes sir!

#46     Jan 18, 2010
  7. lol, well then.... it is unfortunate, but this is what we have force ourselves to want to listen to next week.... Perhaps since it is in New Orleans, they will make special commercials for budwieser snice the media has a love affair with Favre :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtIp_ove9RM&feature=related

:mad:

#47     Jan 18, 2010
  8. the cowboys and romo once again prove that during the post-season, when it really matters, they're just pretenders.

#48     Jan 18, 2010