Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drjekyllus, Dec 6, 2009.

1. I agree, though to some extent, I feel bad for Romo cause now he is going to have to deal with an entire year of media questioning whether he can win in the playoffs. The vikings are going to have to be even 1 step quicker next week though to beat Brees, there were times in that game when Romo must have bought himself 3-5 seconds with his feet, and still ended up eating a sack, it reminds me of Roethlisberger at times, that style of play works for you some days and looks terrible other days, you either end up a hero or a goat at the end. The reason Roethlisberger ends up a hero most tmies is because he is one of the best 4th quarter QB's of all time, and statistically he is the best since he entered the league.

#31     Jan 17, 2010
  2. bronks

bronks

Plus RBerger is a very big, strong individual, takes alot to bring him down and knock the ball out.

That's why legitimate pass rushers who are not linebackers are so valued. If you can get pressure from the front 4 without blitzing... criminy, what an advantage.

#32     Jan 17, 2010
  3. The Eagles were overrated all season long and they made the Cowboys look like contenders. Up until both Eagle games and the slumping Saints game, most people had written off Dallas and were speculating on the new coach next year. My memory usually isn't so short, so I still felt that way and sure wasn't predicting them to win it all like most of the crew over at Sports Illustrated. Dallas vs Packers in NFC Championship Game? Dallas vs Chargers in the Superbowl? Dallas is still in need of an overhaul, starting with a coach who has a better postseason record than 1-5.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/07/expert.picks/index.html

Not one expert at Sports Illustrated got it right>>>>>>>Colts over Saints

#33     Jan 17, 2010
  4. Agree with this as well. The vikes front 4 has to be the best in football, hands down, I seriously went against the grain picking the vikings, as everyone had the cowboys as the favourite, I never understood that though, Vikings have a better RB, QB(based on this season), frount four, and special teams, only place I thought dallas was better was their secondary, but the front 4 proved today that they can absolve the need for a decent secondary, when they give it everything they have.

#34     Jan 17, 2010
  5. I agree with the call on the cowboys, almost every single commentator i watched today picked the cowboys to win when they were a 3 point dog. I often times have to remind myself not to chase hot teams, and study who they did it against, I already noted in another thread that I got my ass kicked all season long on Baltimore and Arizona chasing a good performance one week and then a blow out the next.

#35     Jan 17, 2010

6. This is the only crappy feed I could find of this play but please tell me how Manning would have made this throw.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HgZ-7d5BTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HgZ-7d5BTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This was all Romo's screw up. You can't blame anybody else. It was great to see. I can't wait till next year so we can see more of it. Tony Romo is a loser. Plain and Simple.

#36     Jan 17, 2010

7. You got to appreciate the irony when the camera pans to the side and it is a viking fan cheering in a log cabin, recording the game off the television on his cellphone, lol small town hillbilly sports fans are awesome!

#37     Jan 17, 2010
  8. bronks

bronks

Jeckyl,
    No, that's definitely on Romo. To boot, his receiver was already triple covered.

#38     Jan 17, 2010
  9. That one was on Romo for sure, the fumble when he got smacked by Jared Allen, from the blindside was not his fault though.

I was confused for a sec cause i thought it was the Safety from vikings, when it was actually the safety from the jets who came in unimpeded, on the sack fumble, it looked very similar in real time.

#39     Jan 17, 2010
  10. bronks

bronks

I'm taking the Saints over Min. and in the SB. I think the line play averages out so gonna be up to the QB's to win it. I have never seen Drew Brees rattled. Brett Favre doesn't rattle, but he does force.

#40     Jan 17, 2010