DailyFX private message

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Did anyone else get a PM from DailyFX about their posts on this forum? I just want to understand if I got a legit request, or just spam.

Thanks for answering.

2. cstfx

cstfx

That forum has, in my opinion, become useless since the new "moderators" took over the board and erased years of informative posts by members who spent countless hours trying to help the next guy.

Those FXCM mooks should be made to watch the last minute of the Sopranos over and over and over and over again.

But I just checked my account and don't have any pms.

3. Well, they sent me one asking me to come over there and post, essentially. But it looked and smelled like a form letter (spam).

4. cstfx

cstfx

It may be legit. If you look at the board over there, there is a large proportion of posts made by the mods - most of the regular posters were chased away by these new mods.

Take a read and see how many moderators (last I checked, there were at least 8 different "moderators") who are posting daily and how many "users" post to those boards. They may be trolling for people like you to justify their salaries.

5. Chood

Chood

I may have one too. Didn't bother opening it, but because I receive so few PMs, I assume it's what you mention. (Genius, alas, is a solitary condition.)

This is what I say: rather than give our insight to a competing board, why not create a Kathy & Boris knockoff, charge money for it, and ride out the days fat and happly with subscriber dinero?

Call the enterprise CHOODOVICH'S FX SIGNALS, or, if you oppose that, IVANOHOOD's Magma HOT Signals. Paypal and egold welcome.

6. Haha! I love it.

Choodovich sounds good, though Ivanohood sounds a bit like a town in South Central L.A.

While we're at it, can't we just make a bucket shop with low spreads that have massive 100 pips slippage?

7. Chood

Chood

Yours is the more profitable proposal, of course, but I don't qualify to own or manage a FX retailer. I don't know how to program a stop-hunting algorithm. Now, if you make it where there was just a dial I could turn, say at settings like "spikey stop hunt," "robust hunt," and "New Benz for hunt programmer," then I might be in. I could operate that dial. Plus I got all the lingo you'd need to splain to your confused customers why their orders all are losers, regardless of actual market price action. Heh, sounds like I qualify after all!

8. Kate_S

Kate_S

Dear Ivanovich,

I came across your message today and wanted to apologize to you for any misunderstanding. I have been following your posts and 7 others members for quite some time now. I admire your postings and the fact that you have such a large following which was the purpose of my email to you. I apologize again if I offended you in any way.

Kate